startrek.steve

SSH from buster to jessie fails to connect randomly

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi guys,
I've had my setup for a while now any I've been SSH'ing into my Headless Pi Zero W running jessie perfectly well from my Pi4 running buster. Just lately when I try to SSH in, it either fails to connect, or connects then locks the terminal , only a hard reset fixes it, but after a few minutes it does it all again. Has there been a glitchy update installed? Im at a loss.
Cheers
Steve
Pi 2 running LibreElec Krypton, Pi 2 running Wheezy Desktop, Pi 1 headless Wheezy, downloading Radio, Pi 1 running Picore headless Media Server, Pi Zero to be an Old Time Radio Project. Pi 3 testing. Pi Zero W downloading Radio shows headless.

DougieLawson

Re: SSH from buster to jessie fails to connect randomly

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Any reason your Jessie system can't be upgraded to Buster.

There's been some security changes with sshd that remove some of the insecure encryption options that were commonly used in Jessie.

Run your ssh [email protected] command with -v or -vv or -vvv (depending how much logging you need) to see why it barfs.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

startrek.steve

Re: SSH from buster to jessie fails to connect randomly

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks Dougie, I'll try that, its just the same version I've used for yonks, it just sits ther running Get_iplayer..
Didnt see the point of upgrading just for that.

Steve
Pi 2 running LibreElec Krypton, Pi 2 running Wheezy Desktop, Pi 1 headless Wheezy, downloading Radio, Pi 1 running Picore headless Media Server, Pi Zero to be an Old Time Radio Project. Pi 3 testing. Pi Zero W downloading Radio shows headless.

Return to “Troubleshooting”