richms

No keyboard login after aptget upgrade

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm

I have a raspi A+ (old one with no wifi, single core)

Its been idle for ages, because I ended up using a B+ instead for the project I got it for.

I put the latest rasbian full version on a card, booted up fine, put a USB hub with ethernet in it, got online fine in the gui, configed up the locale and keyboard etc.

Changed it in raspi-config to boot to a login prompt, changed the pi password, turned off overscan, gave it a hostname (raspberrypi11) turned on SSH (thankfully)

All fine to this point.

Then rebooted, and did a sudo apt-get update, then a sudo apt-get upgrade on it.

Now it boots to the login prompt, and the keyboard does nothing at the prompt. Its a wireless one so I have no capslock LED to see if even that works on it. I can SSH in and that works fine. I can lsusb and see the logitech reciever as a device along with the hub and ethernet adapter in the hub.

I cant think what I could have done to cause this to happen, so before I erase the card and start again doing the exact same steps, is there something that could have caused that?

richms

Re: No keyboard login after aptget upgrade

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 am

Ive changed it in raspi-config to log straight in as the pi user to the console and its doing that. Will just leave it at that for now.

Return to “Troubleshooting”