I've had a good setup with a temperature sensor DS18B20 which has been working absolutely fine. Since getting this all setup, I decided to update the software on the Pi, which I don't think has been done since I first purchased it about 3 years ago (it's been sat in a cupboard, it's a Pi Model A!). Anyhow, since running a bunch of update commands to get all the latest versions of everything, the temperature sensor has stopped working. There are no directories showing within the folder /sys/bus/w1/devices other than the /w1_bus_master1/ directory. Previously there were directories for every sensor connected.
The commands I ran included (from what I can remember!);
- sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
- sudo apt-get update ~~ When I run this command now, I get the following error messages....
- - W: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/rasp ... elease.gpg
Could not resolve 'mirrordirector.raspbian.org' (the Y is missing, that is not a typo)
- - W: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/d ... elease.gpg
Could not resolve 'archive.raspberrypi.org'
- - W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- sudo rpi-update ~~ When running this command I get the following error messages;
- - !!! Failed to download update for rpi-update!
- - !!! Make sure you have ca-certificates installed and that the time is set correctly
I've tested all of the solutions listed in here, viewtopic.php?f=37&t=98407&start=25
, none of which have worked for me.
I'd have to guess that something in one of the updates is now behaving differently and causing the temperature sensors not to be read properly.