machaon42

Unable to install printer - fatal error: cups/raster.h

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

I am new to linux and raspberry Pi. I have a Pentax pocketjet3 printer which I have been trying to setup with the raspberry pi (very compact portable printer to go great with Raspberry Pi). I had the driver installed and working fine. I was on an older version of raspbian wheezy (uncertain which version) that I bought online pre-installed on an SD card. However, I somehow corrupted the OS install and had to start over with a fresh install using the latest version of Raspbian wheezy. Many other things are working more smoothly on the new install but I am unable to re-install my PocketJet printer. When I install the driver (generic linux driver I downloaded) using sudo ./configure and then sudo make. I get the error:

In file included from main.c:34:0:
./pocketjet.h:38:25: fatal error: cups/raster.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

When I go ahead and try to install and use the printer the driver is there but I get the error.
Idle - "File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertopocketjet" not available: No such file or directory"

As I first stated I had no problems installing this printer initially - it was not until I started with a fresh install of Rapsbian Wheezy that I ran into the problem. I have updated and upgraded. I have tried apt-cache search raster.h and tried to install both libwraster3 and libwraster3-dev which came up but this did not help.
Other ideas?

Thanks

machaon42

Re: Unable to install printer - fatal error: cups/raster.h

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Solved the problem on my own - if anyone else has this problem - I had to install libcupsimage2 and libcupsimage2-dev. I guess they must have been pre-installed on the initial install.

metRo_

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm

thank you to share the solution, it saves my day :)

ok200

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:37 am

Thank you! This helped me. :D

bjmc

Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 pm

I am new to the pi and have tried to get my pocketje 3 to work but no luck if you would can you please tell me the steps you did to get it installed. i have installed cups 1.7.5 and from what i can tell i have updated everything. thanks

bjmc

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:25 pm

pocketjet3 cups error IMG_5929a.png
this is the error i get in cups v 1.7.5
pocketjet3 cups error IMG_5929a.png (49.32 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
this is the error i get in cups v 1.7.5

Return to “Beginners”