scampa123

How to set Terminal window size?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Is there a way to set the Terminal window size so it will always start at the correct size?

I'm using a 7" screen at the moment and have configured settings for the display to fill the screen, however when terminal launches it is always wider than the screen and I need to drag it over to get to the buttons on the top right of the toolbar and hit maximize to get it to size properly....So is there a setting in a script for that?

Thanks!!

sdjf

Re: How to set Terminal window size?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm

yes, but the answer depends on how you are accessing the terminal in which system. Which flavor of Pi are you running - wheezy, raspbian, or ??? and is this with a keyboard and your display or over vnc or a network? or if through a desktop, which one?
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

scampa123

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

So I'm using two different OSs..Adafruit Occidentalis v.02 and Raspbian Wheezy...

I'm working directly on the Pi itself launching Terminal from the desktop by double clicking it....I have a mouse and keyboard attached...

thx!

efflandt

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I thought the terminal is normally centered in X. If you want to change its size, based on man lxterminal, if you want to change its size, look for EXEC= in the desktop shortcut and add a parameter (just the 1st line):

Code: Select all

--geometry=CHARACTERSxLINES
  Set the terminal's size in characters and lines.

Return to “Beginners”