juhsis

video performance is bad

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:30 am

Hi friends,

I watched a video about broadcasting HD video with raspberry. But when i tried with mine, it couldnt play a normal quality video ( 2 hours video = 700mb ) . What is the problem? btw, I use the image Raspbian “wheezy” .

Regards.

vinntec

Re: video performance is bad

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 am

I have my rpi connected hdmi to hd tv which doubles as my monitor. Once I get omxplayer settings right it plays full hd perfectly although omxplayer is basic. It is the only one to use the gpu I believe so am not aware of any other options at present to play hd.
omxplayer -o hdmi "file name.mp4"
Works brilliantly for me from sd card or USB stick. The -o is to force sound via hdmi. I also needed hdmi_drive=2 in config.txt file.
Peter

juhsis

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks, it works :) But i have another question.. Think about a HD video controlled by c++ code. If i press 'left' key, then the video slides to left and if i press 'up' key, then the video slides to upper side and etc.. The second control is; when i press '+' key, then it should zoom and '-' key, then it should take zoom back. Do you have any suggestion?

ghans

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

You could look into the source of omxplayer and learn OpenMAX (which is used to play the video) along the way.
Google for OpenMAX (Khronos Group)

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Beginners”