User avatar
liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Posts: 5148
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:22 pm
Contact: Website

Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:05 am

They've got some updated info for you which they're preparing at the moment, and should be dropping in to the forum towards the end of the day. They should be able to answer some of you questions then too.

Oh - and Mike says that those of you in Brazil will now be able to order using local parcel post, avoiding that very heavy tax on courier services. Also, the problems they've been experiencing with Russia (where a lot of packages were being turned away at the border by Customs - we're not sure why) are being resolved; RS are using a local distributor there instead of shipping from overseas to stop that from happening. More from Mike later!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

User avatar
Montala
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Herefordshire (U.K.)

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks for the update Liz... I have just clicked the 'Watch' button!

khurtwilliams
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Location: Skillman, NJ
Contact: Website

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 pm

liz wrote:They've got some updated info for you which they're preparing at the moment, and should be dropping in to the forum towards the end of the day. They should be able to answer some of you questions then too.

Oh - and Mike says that those of you in Brazil will now be able to order using local parcel post, avoiding that very heavy tax on courier services. Also, the problems they've been experiencing with Russia (where a lot of packages were being turned away at the border by Customs - we're not sure why) are being resolved; RS are using a local distributor there instead of shipping from overseas to stop that from happening. More from Mike later!
So .... what are we waiting for?

PaulCheffus
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Lincolnshire UK

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

khurtwilliams wrote:
liz wrote:They've got some updated info for you which they're preparing at the moment, and should be dropping in to the forum towards the end of the day. They should be able to answer some of you questions then too.

Oh - and Mike says that those of you in Brazil will now be able to order using local parcel post, avoiding that very heavy tax on courier services. Also, the problems they've been experiencing with Russia (where a lot of packages were being turned away at the border by Customs - we're not sure why) are being resolved; RS are using a local distributor there instead of shipping from overseas to stop that from happening. More from Mike later!
So .... what are we waiting for?
Hi

There is another thread running with the information in
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=8786


Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

jaeger
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:20 pm
Location: Curitiba, Brazil

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

I know that this thread is one month old, but I would like to know if the guys at RS are keeping their promises about sending to Brazil without DHL.

rasbeer
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 am

jaeger wrote:I know that this thread is one month old, but I would like to know if the guys at RS are keeping their promises about sending to Brazil without DHL.
And any other countries where this might be a problem & customers might prefer regular mail. I emailed Mike@RS weeks ago and haven't had a reply.

dpupkov
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just had a chat with the guys from RS...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am

liz wrote:They've got some updated info for you which they're preparing at the moment, and should be dropping in to the forum towards the end of the day. They should be able to answer some of you questions then too.

Oh - and Mike says that those of you in Brazil will now be able to order using local parcel post, avoiding :evil: that very heavy tax on courier services. Also, the problems they've been experiencing with Russia (where a lot of packages were being turned away at the border by Customs - we're not sure why) are being resolved; RS are using a local distributor there instead of shipping from overseas to stop that from happening. More from Mike later!
Hello,

I live in Moscow, RUSSIA and recently I've been contacted by company named "yeint.ru" (RS Russia????), who've said that they receive my order for Raspberry Pi at St. Petersburg, RUSSIA and they could deliver it to me (I'm located in Moscow). But they also say, that I have to pay additional 330 RUB, that's about 7 GBP, in case i want delivery to my home, not to there office. But I wasn't aware of any additional cost, when I've made an order. WTH? I've already payed for Standard Delivery up to my home door :evil:

My order number at RS is 6720.

Best Regards,
Dmitry.

Here is original e-mail. You could translate it via translate.google.com:
Добрый день, Дмитрий.

Некоторое время назад вы заказывали и оплачивали плату Raspberry Pi. Хочу сообщить вам, что ваш заказ пришел на наш склад в Санкт-Петербург.

Прошу сообщить, как вам будет удобнее получить заказ? Мы можем отправить его в наш офис в Москве, откуда вы заберете плату сами. Либо второй вариант: мы отправим ваш заказ лично вам курьерской службой. В этом случае вам нужно будет доплатить за доставку по России. Оплата производится наличными курьеру при получении, ориентировочная сумма – 330 руб.

Жду от вас ответ.


Best Regards,
Anastasia Alekseeva | RS Components Russia
www.rsrussia.ru
Marketing specialist
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Tel. +7 812 324-40-08
Mob. +7 921 861-54-37
mailto: anastasia.alekseeva@yeint.ru
ZAO YE-International | www.yeint.ru

Return to “General discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jednorozec, NotRequired and 55 guests