fotonick

NEVER received my R.PI

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Ordered the Raspberry PI in august 2012, at today still nothing received.
I wrote to [email protected] and I've been told that it has been shipped at the beginning of december and the shipment may be delayed.
I waited till january, maybe there was a delay for the Christmas season, nothing arrived so I wrote again to rswww. They told me they would investigate for the lost shipment and asked 10 days for locate the item or re-dispatch it.
Well, since then they stopped responding, paypal cannot refund me since the transaction is too old and I am still without the raspberry.

I think this is very uncorrect from them, they're obviously ignoring me, what should I do?

I feel taken in and I'd like at least to have my money back. :(

MattHawkinsUK

Re: NEVER received my R.PI

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Just ask for a refund. If they refuse report them to trading standards.

Then order one from CPC or Farnell and get it delivered within 48 hours.
My Raspberry Pi blog and home of the BerryClip Add-on board : http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (@RPiSpy)

Spid

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Yet again the Raspberry Pi Foundation do not sell the Raspberry Pi, it is sold by Authorised Resellers:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=26289
I will always assume you are running Raspbian for desktop and Raspbmc for XMBC !

LemmeFatale

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm

If it's of any help, there's an ongoing thread regarding RS Components here. From what I can see there, seems that a lot of people have similar complaints.

If you're UK-based, my understanding is that according to the Distance Selling Regulations (more info here in a nice, easy-to-read format), unless you agreed otherwise with RS, then they were obligated to fulfill their side of the contract within thirty days from the day after you ordered, and if they were unable to do so they were also obligated to inform you that they could not and repay you within thirty days;
Performance of the contract

Unless the parties agree otherwise, the supplier must perform the contract within 30 days from the day after the consumer sent his order to the supplier.

If the supplier is unable to perform the contract within this period, he must inform the consumer and repay any sum paid as soon as possible (and in any event within 30 days), although it is open to the supplier and the consumer to agree a revised date for delivery.

A contract which is not performed within the 30 day period shall be treated as if the consumer never entered into it, but the consumer will still have remedies for non-performance.

If a longer period than 30 days is required then this must be clearly stated in the supplier's terms and conditions and the prior information. The supplier may perform the contract by substitute goods or services of equivalent quality and price if the contract provided for this possibility and the supplier gave the consumer the prior information in the appropriate way.
May I ask what payment method you used when you paid via PayPal? If it was a credit card, then you may still have some recourse via your credit card provider.
Spid wrote:Yet again the Raspberry Pi Foundation do not sell the Raspberry Pi, it is sold by Authorised Resellers:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=26289
Actually, fotonick clearly mentions RS twice in his post. ;)
Classic - Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) with Motorola Atrix Lapdock
Lemcon-One - Raspberry Pi Model B (256MB) PiMAME TV-Box

Lint

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Bought mine in july, 17th, and no Raspberry for me, thanks to RS.
Tried contacting via email and nothing too.

I also tried to fill a complaint over Paypal about it, but they already said that it's been more than 45 days and they will not do jack about it.

So thumbs down, Paypal, the easiest way to be robbed and get no insurance and both thumbs down to RS Electronics.

pygmy_giant

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 pm

That does not nullify your statutory consumer rights.

As they have ignored you I would write a letter to their head office (with supporting docs) requiring delivery within 7 days.

If they ignore that I would contact the Office of Fair Trading.

I expect it just fell down the back of the sofa rather than there being any skullduggery - RS are very busy.

drscheme

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am

Same here, I ordered a Pi three weeks ago but neither got the Pi nor did RS respond to any of my mails / order cancellations. Money is gone so far. Today I tried to contact them via Paypal...

PS: Farnell delivered in 3 days... I highly recommend not to order at RS. It's only a pity that Raspberry Pi has that RS shop on its homepage, ...

fotonick

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Strangely, the day after my post appeared on the forum, RS contacted me and said that my order was OBVIOUSLY lost and that they would ship it a second time.

Today, finally, my Raspberry PI's arrived!!!!!! :lol:

So, problem solved, this thread can be deleted if admins want.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

Worth remembering that RS and Farnell are sending out thousands of Raspi's per day, and occasionally things do go missing in the post. The incidence of complaints about either distie is (now) relatively low compared to the quantities involved.

Locking thread as OP issue all now sorted.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “General discussion”