thatchunkylad198966

[NEW] Ubuntu - CM4/RPi4B custom image(s)! XFCE4, LXQt, i3-WM, WireGuard, Samba, Kodi, Latest MESA graphics drivers!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:12 pm

NOTE: This was built with c0rnelius's Raspberry Pi 4 image builder. so THANKS to him for that!

Code: Select all

LXQt -- i3-WM -- 21.04 -- Hirsute -- 1.0.1: https://mega.nz/file/4Soi3QYY#0SyB8xIDLTQ9yVV-Vbah0m6S0pVEN2uH7kVyWrq93lk

LXQt -- i3-WM -- 20.04.2 -- Focal -- 1.0.1: https://mega.nz/file/sHAQHRQS#miwupkIRGWlrJc_X_XUGFK-14d0-2NgfbgfcAUcQ0Ac

XFCE4 -- i3-WM -- 21.04 -- Hirsute: https://mega.nz/file/IXozTaRC#xUZWykxgeThdbYtxh-Eq-X73kYF3UN_wK2pAHeaZaPw

XFCE4 -- i3-WM -- 20.04.2 -- Focal: https://mega.nz/file/8LY0Cb6J#lMLVktILYYselYy3aHjra4ewZc-cZiIedQc-8hB8YZU
To get Wi-Fi working out of the box:

**THIS MUST BE DONE AFTER FLASHING TO A USD OR USB/SSD**
**YOU NEED TO EDIT /boot/ WITH THE FOLLOWING:**
**MUST BE DONE BEFORE FIRST-BOOT!!!**

/boot/rename_to_credentials.txt

Rename file to credentials.txt and input your wifi information.

NAME=" " # Name of the connection
SSID=" " # Service set identifier
PASSKEY=" " # Wifi password
COUNTRYCODE=" " # Your country code

MANUAL=n # Set to y to enable a static ip
IPADDR=" " # Static ip address
GATEWAY=" " # Your Gateway
DNS="" # Your preferred dns

CHANGE=y # Set to n to disable
HOSTNAME="raspberrypi" # Set the system's host name
BRANDING="Raspberry Pi" # Set ASCII text banner

For headless use: ssh pi@ipaddress
UPDATE your kernel to mainline or the latest kernel from RPi:

fetch -u -1 (5.10)
fetch -u -2 (5.12 - mainline)
Change your CPU governor:

Usage: governor -h

-c       Conservative
   -o       Ondemand
   -p       Performance

-r       Run
   -u       Update

A service runs 'governor -r' during boot.
What's installed you may ask?

LXQt, i3-WM is installed if you prefer window managers over desktop environments. firefox, firefox-esr, chromium, wireguard, openvpn, java, samba, kodi, vlc, mpv, qbittorrent, radarr, sonarr, nzbget, jackett. latest mesa and graphics drivers are installed by default! lightdm is the display manager, it is set to login to Kodi by default.

This is targeted for the Raspberry Pi CM4, as so, the overclock options are for the CM4!

If you don't want the overclock and you're using an RPi4, just comment out the overclock in /boot/config.txt like so:
# Overclock

#arm_freq=2200
#force_turbo=1
#gpu_freq=750
#over_voltage=8
#arm_freq_min=600
#core_freq_min=500
#core_freq=500
#initial_turbo=60
If you're using an RPi4 and USB-BOOT, remove # from /boot/config.txt:
# USB-BOOT

#dtparam=sd_poll_once
To fully update your system from bash:
raspi-update
To login to a network via SSH (you will need to edit /usr/local/bin/ssh-rpi and add your networks IP)
ssh-rpi
FireFox is set to run from RAM. to do so, edit /usr/local/bin/firefox-tmpfs and edit the default line. change to yours in ~/.mozilla/firefox-esr/*default-name-here*

**YOU WILL NEED TO EDIT THESE LINES WITHIN FIREFOX "about:config"**
**THIS HAS BEEN USED AND TESTED ON A CM4 WITH 8GB RAM!!**

browser.cache.disk.enable - false
browser.cache.memory.enable - true
browser.cache.memory.capacity - 5048576

sudo mount -a 
[AFTER EDITING FSTAB WITH THE FIREFOX PARTITION AND CIFS MOUNT]

**RUN FROM BASH: "firefox-tmpfs"** [WHEN YOU'VE EDITED FSTAB AND /usr/local/bin/firefox-tmpfs WITH YOUR FIREFOX'S PROFILE]
IF YOU'VE DONE IT PROPERLY AND COPIED YOUR default FOLDER TO THE PROFILES FOLDER, IT SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

pi@pidesktop:~$ firefox-tmpfs
sending incremental file list
deleting sessionstore.jsonlz4
./
.parentlock
AlternateServices.txt
SecurityPreloadState.txt
SiteSecurityServiceState.txt
TRRBlacklist.txt
addonStartup.json.lz4
cert9.db
cookies.sqlite
cookies.sqlite-wal
extensions.json
favicons.sqlite-wal
formhistory.sqlite
handlers.json
key4.db
lock -> 127.0.0.1:+1646
logins.json
permissions.sqlite
places.sqlite
places.sqlite-wal
prefs.js
protections.sqlite
search.json.mozlz4
sessionCheckpoints.json
webappsstore.sqlite-wal
xulstore.json
datareporting/
datareporting/aborted-session-ping
datareporting/session-state.json
datareporting/archived/2021-06/
datareporting/archived/2021-06/1624648262585.70ff1a08-10bc-4f19-9dc1-93c1856923a8.main.jsonlz4
sessionstore-backups/
sessionstore-backups/previous.jsonlz4
sessionstore-backups/recovery.baklz4
sessionstore-backups/recovery.jsonlz4
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/1657114595AmcateirvtiSty.sqlite
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/3870112724rsegmnoittet-es.sqlite
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/3870112724rsegmnoittet-es.files/
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/3870112724rsegmnoittet-es.files/1
storage/permanent/chrome/idb/3870112724rsegmnoittet-es.files/journals/

sent 13,509,393 bytes received 735 bytes 27,020,256.00 bytes/sec
total size is 19,904,867 speedup is 1.47

I have added fstab to auto-mount a network share, to change this, either comment it out with # or add your networks IP and desired username/password!

To configure your timezone and keyboard, run from bash:
run-setup
File system is XFS, but I'll be doing BTRFS and EXT4, too.

**SSH is enabled by default!**

Username/Password:

username: pi
password: raspberry
**ROOT ACCOUNT IS ENABLED BY DEFAULT WITH THE PASSWORD "raspberry" IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU CHANGE THESE PASSWORDS!!!!!**

This is a test release, if there's enough users; I'll make more images. I'm in the middle of building 20.04.2!
If you want xfce4 etc, they will be added to mega.

**NOTE: Chromium is installed without snap. it's installed from the Debian bullseye repo! HW acceleration within Chromium is working!!**

[HOW-TO] To use i3-WM if you're not familiar; windows key (mod) + D will open a software selector at the top, simply search for what you want. windows key (mod) + F will open Thunar. windows key (mod) + H will open HexChat. windows key (mod) + I will open FireFox. windows key (mod) + B will open Chromium. if you want to open bash, windows key (mod) + ENTER and type away your commands!

To use shortcuts in LXQt; ctrl + alt + B will open Chromium. ctrl + alt + I will open FireFox. ctrl + alt + F will open Thunar. ctrl + alt + T will open bash. ctrl + alt + H will open HexChat.

ISSUES: run "sysctl -p" to enable net forwarding for wireguard. run dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf because of a bug with ubuntu! if you see an error on boot up complaining about the nzbget service and you're NOT using nzbget, simply disable the service: "sudo systemctl disable nzbget" IF using XFCE4, you MAY get a login error stating dbus launch can't be found! Simply close, it will go back to lightdm. click reboot from lightdm and login, should now work OK! (this bug happens with 20.04.2 -- does NOT happen with 21.04) [NOTE: 21.04 ONLY There's a bug with Kodi, too; seems the 19.0 downgrade didn't fix it. it will crash your system upon startup -- I'll notify Ubuntu-Budgie devs and see if they have a fix]

Shout out to c0rnelius for his awesome image builder, without him and his knowledge, this wouldn't be possible!

all constructive feedback is welcome!!
Last edited by thatchunkylad198966 on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 16 times in total.
[NEW] Ubuntu - CM4/RPi4B custom image(s)! XFCE4, LXQt, i3-WM, WireGuard, Samba, Kodi, Latest MESA graphics drivers!

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=314419

thatchunkylad198966

Re: [NEW] Ubuntu - CM4/RPi4B custom image(s)! XFCE4, LXQt, i3-WM, WireGuard, Samba, Kodi, Latest MESA graphics drivers!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Some screenshots from XFCE4 w/ 20.04.2:

Some screenshots from XFCE4 w/ 21.04:

Some screenshots from i3-WM:

Last edited by thatchunkylad198966 on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thatchunkylad198966

Re: [NEW] Ubuntu - CM4/RPi4B custom image(s)! XFCE4, LXQt, i3-WM, WireGuard, Samba, Kodi, Latest MESA graphics drivers!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:23 pm

Some notes; qBittorrent-nox is running under port 8085. open your web browser, navigate to "192.168.x.x:8085" you may have a bug with the default login of "admin" and "adminadmin" not working/logging in -- this is because of qBittorrent bug; restart the service and the login should work fine "sudo systemctl restart qbittorrent" -- Radarr is running under port 7878. open your web browser, navigate to "192.168.x.x:7878" -- Sonarr is running under port 8989. open your web browser, navigate to "192.168.x.x:8989" -- Jackett is running under port 9117. open your web browser, navigate to "192.168.x.x:9117" -- notes will be posted here! :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

[SEE POST BELOW]

EDIT: 1) to run sonarr, you need to edit the system service:

STOP the service:

sudo systemctl stop sonarr

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/sonarr.service
Find the username/group and edit with your username/group or like me; root:root!

ctrl + x and y to save.

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl restart sonarr
To make sure Jackett works, stop the service:

sudo systemctl stop jackett
edit the service:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/jackett.service
And change to your username or like me, root:root.

ctrl + x and y to save.

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl restart jackett
[WITH THE NEW IMAGES, THE ABOVE (APART FROM THE PORT SELECTION ON qBittorrent etc) IS NOT NEEDED WITH NEWER IMAGES I'VE CREATED! I'M TRYING MY BEST TO UPLOAD BUT MY INTERNET IS PLAYING UP -- PLEASE BARE WITH ME]

NEW image(s) created, can't upload until tomorrow! Kodi on 21.04 has been removed, replaced with Plex. On 20.04.2 -- Kodi is still installed/working but added Plex, too. and ALL images are shipped with a Discord ARM64 client [WEB-CORD] (thanks spacingbat3)

**HOPEFULLY FIXED MY NET ISSUES SO IMAGES SHOULD BE UP TOMORROW -- SORRY IT'S TOOK SO LONG**

[That's it for now!]
Last edited by thatchunkylad198966 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.

ejolson

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:26 pm

thatchunkylad198966 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:12 pm
all constructive feedback is welcome!!
It looks like you put a lot of work into this. I've been wanting to do something similar for Void Linux but am still not finished.

I have only one comment at present. The use of font sizes of the first post on this thread don't work well on my phone and looks like
    Screenshot_20210624-071859.png
    Screenshot_20210624-071859.png (191.18 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
      This is not very important, but since you put so much effort into posting this, I thought you might like to see how it looks.

Edit: Changes have fixed things.
      Last edited by ejolson on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatchunkylad198966

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:35 pm

@ejolson: edited, the only increased font size is at the top.
      Cheers friend. ;)

ejolson

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Cheers friend. ;)
      It's much easier to read now. Thanks!

thatchunkylad198966

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:16 am

ejolson wrote:
      Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:37 pm
      Cheers friend. ;)
      It's much easier to read now. Thanks!
      No worries! If you can think of anything else, LMK. :mrgreen:

Return to “Ubuntu”