albertd
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:02 pm

_Mark_ wrote:I need kernel header/source to compile a custom driver.
How to add them to the rootfs? I looked through the menuconfig but I can't see a suitable item.
make linux-menuconfig

then select your driver, and quit and save

make

Cheers,
Albert

_Mark_
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:12 pm

make linux-menuconfig
then select your driver, and quit and save
I'm not sure I understood correctly - please don't blame me.
I have this USB frame grabber:

http://it.sensoray.com/products/2253.htm

and I need to compile its own driver (provided in the Download section of the link above).
I issued the make linux-menuconfig but I don't understand how may I compile that driver (which requires the kernel headers) and select it from the menu.

albertd
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 pm

_Mark_ wrote:and I need to compile its own driver (provided in the Download section of the link above).
I issued the make linux-menuconfig but I don't understand how may I compile that driver (which requires the kernel headers) and select it from the menu.
You need to make your own package, please check for e.g. "package/owl-linux/owl-linux.mk " as an example, make sure you put also Config.in in your package and add it in package/Config.in then select it via make menuconfig.

Cheers,
Albert

_Mark_
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 am

Urk! It's not very handy :(
Anyway, I'm looking through the examples. I still have some questions. Before ask them to you, where I can find a documentation or a tutorial on this topic?

albertd
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:58 am

_Mark_ wrote:Urk! It's not very handy :(
Anyway, I'm looking through the examples. I still have some questions. Before ask them to you, where I can find a documentation or a tutorial on this topic?
Yeah, I had the same in the beginning, but once you are familiar with the buildroot environment it works very easy and fast:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/docs.html

Cheers,
Albert

nemilos
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 pm

nice albert,

Now, nice gradient !

I have a other little bug, but i am going to look deeper.

When i test http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html
Autoplay and loop work.

But i have the exact same html on local ( with lighthttpd http://localhost) the autoplayer and loop don't work ( but the play with controller is okay )

I am going to test but i'am sure that i can play it via javascript and it will work but html5 attribute not :s

---- debug

if i do video.player() directly in script it does not "autoplay"
but if i do it with a little settimout it work

<script type="text/javascript">
setTimeout(function(){
video = document.getElementById("video");
video.play();
},250);
</script>

albertd
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 pm

nemilos wrote: I have a other little bug, but i am going to look deeper.

When i test http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html
Autoplay and loop work.

But i have the exact same html on local ( with lighthttpd http://localhost) the autoplayer and loop don't work ( but the play with controller is okay )

I am going to test but i'am sure that i can play it via javascript and it will work but html5 attribute not :s

---- debug

if i do video.player() directly in script it does not "autoplay"
but if i do it with a little settimout it work

<script type="text/javascript">
setTimeout(function(){
video = document.getElementById("video");
video.play();
},250);
</script>
I think you need to wait for a canPlay event, could that be the case?

Cheers,
Albert

pkorens
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi All,
i'm trying to compile al buildroot with the QtMultimedia module. But I get a error while compiling QtMultimedia :(

in the config log of qtmultimedia i found an error message about AL/al.h:

Code: Select all

main.cpp:45:19: fatal error: AL/al.h: No such file or directory
same about SLES/OpenSLES.h:

Code: Select all

main.cpp:42:27: fatal error: SLES/OpenSLES.h: No such file or directory

Can someone tell me what modules i have to activate in the menuconfig to successfully compile QtMultimedia?

Any help would be great!

nemilos
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello !

Still nice progress on this !

I just tested this in "vertical" 720x1280 video, and there is some "diagonal glitch".

Is the proprietary codec package may give better result ?

thx

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:11 am

Hi,

Amazing job! I have it up and running for some hours now and I have only one question for you. The network after reboot sometimes gets ip from the DHCP server but some others dont. Also when the DHCP fails it doesnt try again to obtain an IP after some seconds. Also if I have the cable unpluged and plugit in after system boots network never came on. Only if I manually start udhcpc

Do you have any solution to tell me?
THanks in advanced

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 am

The problem was that I have some problems on the compilation. When finish and boot up on raspberry some things are not working properly. I tried to install the compiled version that topguy provide and it was working wonderful!
Can someone provide a latest recent sd card image with Qt5 and omxplayer? Just like that release
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 93#p354893

Thanks!

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:48 am

I successfully compile this without any modification. Just "make rpi_defconfig" and "make"
This problem occurs when run a qt5 app

EGL Error: Could not create the egl surface: error 0x300b

Any solution? thanks

fanoush
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 am

gpjios wrote:EGL Error: Could not create the egl surface: error 0x300b
Had same issue yesterday. I just built it according to instructions and have same error when running mlbrowser. It is 512MB model and GPU gets 256 so it does not look like memory problem (according to this thread it could be GPU memory related).

BTW the readme says how to build it and copy to scdard but there is nothing about what to do next. Should I just run mlbrowser or is there more to do? Also I tried to enable more stuff for next build but couldn't find basic stuff in buildroot menus like fdisk/cfdisk. I am also not sure how am I supposed to enable more busybox applets or kernel modules.

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 pm

fanoush wrote:
gpjios wrote:EGL Error: Could not create the egl surface: error 0x300b
Had same issue yesterday. I just built it according to instructions and have same error when running mlbrowser. It is 512MB model and GPU gets 256 so it does not look like memory problem (according to this thread it could be GPU memory related).

BTW the readme says how to build it and copy to scdard but there is nothing about what to do next. Should I just run mlbrowser or is there more to do? Also I tried to enable more stuff for next build but couldn't find basic stuff in buildroot menus like fdisk/cfdisk. I am also not sure how am I supposed to enable more busybox applets or kernel modules.
I just download this version from 6 days ago https://github.com/albertd/buildroot-rp ... 0353841c71
It was compile succesfuly and everything works ok unless the symlinks in var folder where wrong. Maybe my make commands didnt do it right so I compile it again now to have a look.

I see that there is also a new update on the makefile before 4 hours so I will give a try to see if this problem resolved in the last version

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

fanoush wrote:
gpjios wrote:EGL Error: Could not create the egl surface: error 0x300b
Had same issue yesterday. I just built it according to instructions and have same error when running mlbrowser. It is 512MB model and GPU gets 256 so it does not look like memory problem (according to this thread it could be GPU memory related).

BTW the readme says how to build it and copy to scdard but there is nothing about what to do next. Should I just run mlbrowser or is there more to do? Also I tried to enable more stuff for next build but couldn't find basic stuff in buildroot menus like fdisk/cfdisk. I am also not sure how am I supposed to enable more busybox applets or kernel modules.
Perfect! Just recompile and everything works ok! Thank you guys

gpjios
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:55 am

Just found another one issue but i'm not sure if this can be replied here. When the system boots and start the init.d files I have create one that execute the command "tvservice -p"
In 10 reboots 6 will be succesful and the monitor will fit ok but the other 4 the entire screen stays in a bright grey color with a little color noise pixel and this is it. Nothing else on hdmi
If I ssh the device and force somethng else in "tvservice -3" in the most cases monitor will show the console again

viline
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:04 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:24 am

Hi guys

I try to build rpi images immediately after clone buildroot-rpi without any changes, but have two errors:
1. a problem when compiling fontconfig. After clear flag Package Selection...->Libraries->Graphics->fontconfig.. build continues.
2. The final problem: ...buildroot-rpi/output/host/usr/bin/qmake: No such file or directory and I don't have Qt5? build stopped.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem #2?

darkladen
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a functional SD. Everything compiles without problems, I can even create the SD card, but to use it in a raspberry not boot the card. I only see a window with many colors (boot screen) but that's all. It stays there forever.

I tried with EXT4 and F2FS me but nothing works.
I can not create a functional SD card.

I hope you can help me.
Thank you.

darkladen
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Please, anybody can help me with this task ???
I've done several tests with three SD memory and I always get the same result. I see only one image gradient.
2 times I compiled everything and get no error, but, I can not operate the SD memory.

I use Ubuntu 13.10 x64.

Please someone help me.
Thank you.

User avatar
topguy
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 am

How do YOU create the SD card ? Write the commands down step by step or point to the instructions you are using.
Then maybe we can point to some faults.

Have you verified that the SD-card (and PI) is working with testing other images (NOOBS or Raspbian).

darkladen
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi, well finally the problem was the 3 memories I had tried. For some reason I do not work for this version but I have tested raspbian (is what I always use) and I work great.

The strange thing was that I changed to a new unused memory, and I finally worked the image.

I have no idea why this happens but good. I already have the image running and now I'm seeing as I can create my own applications. I have always compiled my applications within the same SD card, but now I see that I can not do it the same way.

Will I have to create applications using CROSSCOMPILE?
What would be the development environment for this version?

I need to create a media player similar to "mlbrowser" but I want to use QT5 + WebKit + GStreamer separately to play videos and web content also separately.

From already thank you very much.
Greetings.

User avatar
topguy
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 pm

darkladen wrote: What would be the development environment for this version?
I guess that would be the buildroot environment you have just used to create the image. It has all the cross-compilers and libraries already set up.

I have not tried it but in theory you could install QtCreator (no on the pi, but on the PC) and point to the correct directories for the compiler, header files and libraries. I might not be as easy as I make it out to be and it will depend a lot of your general knowledge about GCC and related tools.

If you want/need/prefer to do the compiling on he Pi, then you could try the Qt libraries from http://twolife.be/raspbian/ together with the standard Raspbian. I dont know if the gstreamer in that repo has the functionality you want.

darkladen
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm

topguy wrote:
darkladen wrote: What would be the development environment for this version?
I guess that would be the buildroot environment you have just used to create the image. It has all the cross-compilers and libraries already set up.

I have not tried it but in theory you could install QtCreator (no on the pi, but on the PC) and point to the correct directories for the compiler, header files and libraries. I might not be as easy as I make it out to be and it will depend a lot of your general knowledge about GCC and related tools.

If you want/need/prefer to do the compiling on he Pi, then you could try the Qt libraries from http://twolife.be/raspbian/ together with the standard Raspbian. I dont know if the gstreamer in that repo has the functionality you want.
Well thank you very much for the guidance. I've done some things already CROSSCOMPILE and now only have to do tests. Regarding "twolife.be" I've tried this repository (for installing QT5) and I've also tried a whole repository "http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/" that is used specifically to gstreamer1. The only problem is that achievement yet run gstreamer + QT5 and achieve at least a simple video player with qml.

Thank you very much for the info.

Gibol
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Does Qt5 compile MYSQL driver? I've got only sqlite in plugins folder.

_Mark_
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 am

Re: Qt5WebKit + Gstreamer

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 am

Hello!
I successfully deployed the buildroot image on my RPi, crosscompiled a sample Qt5 application.
When I run it on the target I get these errors:

@
EGLFS: Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
EGLFS: To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b
@

The first two are easily solved exporting the constants it complains about.
The last one is still there... how to fix?

The same happens if I launch the mlbrowser.
It's a fresh build with default config.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”