mark1234

Re: WebKit + Gstreamer + WebGL + Canvas + MSE (PI0/1/2)

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use this project as I need to be able to display full screen video (both HLS and file) and ALSO display some JavaScript UI over the video on a transparent background. I have two questions...

1) Does anyone know if what I want to do is possible?

2) I have built the latest code from github and dd'd the sdcard.img to an scared but when I boot the pi I get a very nice image of a colour gradient but nothing else, any ideas why its not booting?

coretag

Re: WebKit + Gstreamer + WebGL + Canvas + MSE + EME (PI0/1/2

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:32 am

I've got my cobbled together solution pretty much ready on this using a recent buildroot-wpe build with some tweaks, but I'm having a problem refining something.

Basically, I want to go from a splashscreen on a black background to WebKit with a a black background. However, WebKit really wants to flash some bright white at me while it loads, and I can't quite figure how to squelch or get rid of that. Mainly because it looks like WPE'll overdraw whatever's on the screen at the time in a last come first served sort of way (preventing squelching), and I'm not at all familiar enough with WebKit/WPE's code to find and change what it draws while loading (preventing just changing the background color). So, hopefully someone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do is willing to lend a hand, because I've wandered down some pretty unfamiliar paths and gotten quite lost.

Mucilon

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm using buildroot - wpe , is working very well in WebGL applications put in some applications 2D Canvas is slow and some not work type the phaser.io . Anyone know if this missing Libs ? or something else?

Xaurrien

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello metrological,

I have just built the last buildroot with wpe using the new repo https://github.com/metrological/buildroot-wpe.
As advised I have edited /usr/bin/wpe to get the touch and the mouse working with the official Raspberry touchscreen.

But touch support seems limited to "touch" events and it doesn't fires "click" events: I can't click on links or buttons with the touch screen. Visually the links or the buttons look pressed but the pages doesn't load.

If I use the mouse then "click" events are correctly fired: I can use links or buttons and browse the web at will.
But the mouse is not working in iframes, for example you cannot interact with the following one:

Code: Select all

wpe http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_iframe
But surprisingly touch seams to be partly supported in the iframe (you can see the button reacts, but it still doesn't open the links).

I hope you will find a way to get touch working completely (iframes included).

By the way wpe is a great browser for the raspberry, for example the following demo runs mostly at 60fps!

Code: Select all

wpe http://carvisualizer.plus360degrees.com/threejs/

maki12

Sun May 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Have anyone tried compiling omxplayer for buildroot build? Can't get it working at all.

thof

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:01 am

Bump on this!
This looks like a great approach of getting a GUI running! Would love to get this working, but on a RPi3 I'm running into several compiler errors!
For the RPi3 there is not config file that includes wpe, so I tried to add this manually... unfortunately that requires additional libraries and changes which cause compiler errors.
If anyone can help to create a config file that builds, that would be awesome!

BramV

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

This is really powerfull, great work :)
To use this as an alternative for our current setup, is there a way to put the display/screen on stand-by? In Raspbian we used " /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -o"
During the night I'd like to have our displays off and in the morning reboot the system.

apttap

Re: WebKit + Gstreamer + WebGL + Canvas + MSE + EME (PI0/1/2/3)

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 am

Does anyone have information on getting the offical 7" touch screen working with the latest build of wpe? (metrological wpe)...we can't seem to get it working, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ashwinr

Re: WebKit + Gstreamer + WebGL + Canvas + MSE + EME (PI0/1/2/3)

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:26 am

Same with me. I've been struggling to get touch working on RaspberryPi 7'' touch. Please get back if anyone of you have any clue

Return to “Official Foundation Display”