new6

Official 7'' touchscreen case (bad design)

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am

Hello,

I recently bought the touchscreen case and realized that it had a bad design since the display is upside down. I searched the forum and used the workaround (lcd_rotate=2 in the config file) and turned the screen.

Unfortunately with this workaround the display quality is really bad in respect of viewing angle. If the display would be in correct orientation, the quality in respect of the viewing angle would be far better.

Therefore I was wondering if there are any cases which don't have the bad design. Many post regarding this problem are from 2015. I was hoping that there are new cases to buy but I couldnt find any without that flaw.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Official 7'' touchscreen case (bad design)

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:42 am

Which touchscreen case did you get?

There is a problem with LCDs and viewing angles. Some people want to watch from above some below, we chose one particular orientation, and unfortunately that's not the one you want.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

new6

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

That one:

I would assume that the majority is watching from top to bottom but that is unfortunately a bad viewing angle with the upside down display.

I have the feeling there is no case out there with the normal orientation of the display:(

new6

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:41 pm

ok, i searched the forum again and found one case which doesn't have the flaw :

SmartiPi Touch Frame

Return to “Official Foundation Display”