JacoFourie

7" pi touch screen and VNC

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 am

Hi all. I did post this question on GID and was told it is not n OS problem I have tompost it here. If we use VNC to remote control the Pi. Then the screen will at random go back to sleep / screen saver mode after disconnecting. So sometime the screen will stay on all the time and only if you touch the screen and leave it will it go to screen saver mode. The PI 's we use are in remote locations. How can we make sure that after we disconnect that the screen will go to screen saver mode every time and not stay on. Regards.

JacoFourie

Re: 7" pi touch screen and VNC

Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi. Am I the only one with this problem ?

PuppetHoundZ

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 am

JacoFourie wrote:Hi. Am I the only one with this problem ?
If you're using Pixel

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver 
and turn screen saver off in the settings or adjust the time for screen blank and you should be fine.

Also keep in mind the Screen saver works based off of the system clock which is synced with the internet (if you're connected to internet). So when you first boot the screen saver will immediately go on sometimes when you first boot up. Then after you stop the screen saver it will default back to it's blank off time frame you set.

Keep in mind this only appears to work this way when I did a fresh install as of March 2017. So you may want to reconsider re-imaging your SD card and resetting up your layout to see if this resolved any of the problems.

JacoFourie

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 am

Aaaa thanks so much. The screen saver fixed the problem. It even goes blank while connected with VNC. So all sorted now. Thanks so much.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”