PilotC150

In Stock Anywhere?

Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Is the Pi Touchscreen in stock anywhere? I can't find it (except for one place on Amazon selling it for $110).

Any ideas when it will be back in stock at all the usual locations?

RaTTuS

Re: In Stock Anywhere?

Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:03 pm

you don't say where you are .
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/R ... -/83-16872 ahah OFS
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

PilotC150

Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm in the US so this will work.

Says it'll be in stock in 8 days, so I'll just have to keep an eye on things. I must have just started looking for it right after it went out of stock everywhere.

PilotC150

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 am

So that website used to say it would be in stock in a few days. Now it says 29 days until it's expected to be in stock.

So my question remains, what is the deal with the availability of the display? When it will it be back in stock anywhere?

DirkS

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:02 am

PilotC150 wrote:So my question remains, what is the deal with the availability of the display? When it will it be back in stock anywhere?
How are the volunteers answering your questions supposed to know that? The rely on the same info as you.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 am

PilotC150 wrote:So that website used to say it would be in stock in a few days. Now it says 29 days until it's expected to be in stock.

So my question remains, what is the deal with the availability of the display? When it will it be back in stock anywhere?
Doris Stokes Syndrome :shock:
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

RaTTuS

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:51 am

6th Jan is my best guess YMMV
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

PilotC150

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:55 am

DirkS wrote:
PilotC150 wrote:So my question remains, what is the deal with the availability of the display? When it will it be back in stock anywhere?
How are the volunteers answering your questions supposed to know that? The rely on the same info as you.
I wasn't asking the "volunteers". I was asking the people who work for the Raspberry Pi Foundation who actually have insight into production and stock.

I guess I was wrong to assume that the message forums on the official website would have people from the foundation to help answer questions.

DirkS

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:35 am

PilotC150 wrote:I guess I was wrong to assume that the message forums on the official website would have people from the foundation to help answer questions.
After you've been hanging around on this forum for a while you learn that the RPF very, very rarely makes any statements on these things.
You're lucky if you get a 'soon (tm)' as an answer...

DougieLawson

Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:29 am

PilotC150 wrote:
DirkS wrote:
I wasn't asking the "volunteers". I was asking the people who work for the Raspberry Pi Foundation who actually have insight into production and stock.

I guess I was wrong to assume that the message forums on the official website would have people from the foundation to help answer questions.
The chances of you getting that sort of commercially sensitive information posted on a forum are close to zero.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:07 am

The Foundation don't make the devices anyway. Manufacture and distribution is licenced to RS and Element 14.
And to be pedantic, Pi Foundation is the charity with the educational mission. Pi Trading is the commercial side.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Paul Webster

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Is the display built by Sony (like the rest) or by Inelco Hunter somewhere else?

6by9

Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Paul Webster wrote:Is the display built by Sony (like the rest) or by Inelco Hunter somewhere else?
I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the interface board was made in South Wales.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”