scooper1980

Touch Screen and pop up keyboard

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm working on a project for the library I work for. I have a raspberry pi 2 and a Viewsonic TD2220 touch screen monitor. I'm trying to put together a touch screen only Public Access Catalog for patron use. The pi recognizes the touch screen and it works, however, i need a pop up keyboard since I don't want a keyboard or mouse attached. I found the onscreen keyboard from ozzmaker, but I want one that will pop up when a text field is touched. Just like on your smartphone or iPad. I also want to use the monitor in portrait mode which is an issue because when I change the display to portrait, the touch screen does not recognize it causing the touch points to be wrong. Can anyone help me!?

scooper1980

Re: Touch Screen and pop up keyboard

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Still looking for some help on this!

BAStumm

Re: Touch Screen and pop up keyboard

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I would be interested in alternatives as the virtual keyboard I use is rather small when used on the official RPi touchscreen. Or at least interested in seeing the xml file of those that have altered it for larger keys on the RPi display. But I use matchbox-keyboard. You can launch it as a daemon during startup and it will "pop up" when a text field is active.

To install:
sudo apt-get install matchbox-keyboard

To launch:
/usr/bin/matchbox-keyboard -d &

there are many ways to launch during boot so I will leave that to you.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”