dpc

Rotate the touchscreen display? [SOLVED]

Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:23 pm

I was searching for configuration settings for rotating the new Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen display.

I have a 3D printed stand that does nicely (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:995394) for holding the display with attached RPi, but require the cables that power and connect the Pi+display to be at the top of the display in the stand.

Somewhere along the way on installing and configuring a fresh Raspbian image, updating the packages and doing an rpi-update, the Touchscreen display rotated 180° (upside down).

I checked /boot/overlays/README and while there are many displays in there with a rotate command, I couldn’t find the new 7” touchscreen display…

I also tried display_rotate=2 in /boot/config.txt . It works to rotate the display, but then the touchscreen points are not correct-- the input events are reflected to where they would be if the display were still upside down.

Thanks for any help or pointers!

dpc

Re: Rotate the touchscreen display?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 pm

After a little more googling post-post, I noticed Pimoroni had in their FAQ mentioning:

lcd_rotate=2

I tried that instead of display_rotate=2 and BINGO! I thought I has seen something like that elsewhere, but I was not able to find it, so I am including here too.

http://forums.pimoroni.com/t/official-7 ... en-faq/959

PeterO

Re: Rotate the touchscreen display? [SOLVED]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:34 am

It's covered on this forum as well !

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=120642#p815847

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),Aeromodelling,1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

twuelfing

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:36 am

I have read through this thread and those linked within and what i am reading is that a method to rotate the screen 90 or 270 degrees AND rotate the touch interface isn't documented here.

I understand that a portrait orientation isn't as efficient, however for my application it is required due to space restrictions.
Does anyone have any idea how to rotate both the screen and the touch registration 90 degrees?

thanks for your help!

meigrafd

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:50 am

Is there a way to rotate HDMI separately to the DSI Device?

Actually 'display_rotate' does not only rotate HDMI, it also rotates the DSI Display :(

I need to have another rotation for HDMI as for DSI.

lanewinfield

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:30 am

twuelfing wrote:I have read through this thread and those linked within and what i am reading is that a method to rotate the screen 90 or 270 degrees AND rotate the touch interface isn't documented here.

I understand that a portrait orientation isn't as efficient, however for my application it is required due to space restrictions.
Does anyone have any idea how to rotate both the screen and the touch registration 90 degrees?

thanks for your help!
Hi Twuelfing! I had the same issue and logged my workthrough on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120793

Puneet Kumar pal

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:28 am

How can i rotate my raspberry pi touchscreen display portrait.
when i am using lcd_rotate=1/2/3/4 any one of them it rotate the screen but stay always landscape.
or if i use display_rotate=1/2/3/4 any of them then my screen is rotate but it not effect my touch it work in landscape position
please help me it's urgent.

rbhinvt

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm

I just added this display to my Raspi 3, and I would like it to be rotated 180deg as that is the correct orientation with the display case I have. Following the advice in this conversation I have entered

lcd_display=2

in /boot/config.txt

and re-boot. This makes no difference. The GUI interface is still displayed in the default orientation. I did an update to the most recent Rasbian right after hooking up the display so I am running v8 (jessie).

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

BigE

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm

rbhinvt wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm
I just added this display to my Raspi 3, and I would like it to be rotated 180deg as that is the correct orientation with the display case I have. Following the advice in this conversation I have entered

lcd_display=2

in /boot/config.txt

and re-boot. This makes no difference. The GUI interface is still displayed in the default orientation. I did an update to the most recent Rasbian right after hooking up the display so I am running v8 (jessie).

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
hello,

similarly to the user above, I am in a similar conflict and any tutorial I use is mildly outdated by a few years.

im attempting to make a raspberry pi phone from david hunts page but unfortunately, anything i try results in near crashs (and on a side note for anyone whos building this, the FONA module almost smoked itself simply due to my stupidity)

simply put, i may have a solution to this: i found on one site, by launching the code: xinput --list , this will show you the displays that the program can pickup and i found that my display was noted as stmpe-ts. yours might be different but try subsituteing this into the /boot/config.txt and see how this works out.

regards

Return to “Official Foundation Display”