modjo756

HDMI+7" output

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi, i have received my 7" touch screen (very nice work raspberry team ;) ) and i'm trying to use a screen under hdmi and the raspberry display at the same time. For information, i have qt5.5 on my rasp and i can launch an application on the 7" screen (eglfs). I can launch (in the same time) a film with omxplayer on the hdmi, works fine, with this :

Code: Select all

# omxplayer --display=5 video.mkv

But i would like to launch another application on the hdmi screen. I tried this :

# ./qtApp --display=5
But my "qtApp" is launched on the 7" lcd ! Do you know if it possible (and the mean to do that), to launch my qtApp on the HDMI please ?

gsh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: HDMI+7" output

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:48 am

When you say eglfs, it sounds like the qt library may be accessing EGL directly which would mean it would be supplying a display number to the dispmanx_display_open function this is the thing you need to change to move the EGL overlay to the LCD.
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

IngoP

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:35 am

Is it possible to drive official DSI connected Touchscreen an HDMI Output at same time ?

What config adaptions have to be done?

modjo756

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 pm

hi gsh, could you precise your post please ? How i can use this function in a shell or script to launch my app (egl) on a specific screen (hdmi and dsi) please ?

gsh

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:16 am

You need to modify the code to achieve this, there is no shell or script thing that can be done
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

IngoP

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:59 am

gsh wrote:You need to modify the code to achieve this, there is no shell or script thing that can be done
would it be a task for new Firmware release to switch from DSI to HDMI Mode ?(as like as an ThinkPad Fn + F7 key ?)

pybackd00r

Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 am

modjo756 wrote:Hi, i have received my 7" touch screen (very nice work raspberry team ;) ) and i'm trying to use a screen under hdmi and the raspberry display at the same time. For information, i have qt5.5 on my rasp and i can launch an application on the 7" screen (eglfs). I can launch (in the same time) a film with omxplayer on the hdmi, works fine, with this :

# omxplayer --display=5 video.mkv

But i would like to launch another application on the hdmi screen. I tried this :

# ./qtApp --display=5
But my "qtApp" is launched on the 7" lcd ! Do you know if it possible (and the mean to do that), to launch my qtApp on the HDMI please ?

I really need your input in this matter. You are saying that it is possible to play videos through hdmi while you have the 7" lcd connected through spi??? You are saying this is possible while using omxplayer?? please let me know this is very important for a project I am working on right now. where I want to choose a video from my spi screen and play it on my hdmi screen. thanks a lot!!!!

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri May 13, 2016 6:50 am

It is possible for applications that support output redirection :
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=126156

PS it used the DSI port, not SPI

Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Return to “Official Foundation Display”