StangGuy79

Swiping issues

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi all,
I've created webpages using javascript to run on the RPI in a browser in full screen, and the users will be able to swipe left/right to progress from one "slide" to the next using the 7" touchscreen. The concept works and during my dev work I was able to swipe without any issues. However, when I started to show it off to other people the swiping just would not work right away and it always took me a few times to get it going.
Does anyone know what this could be related to? Temperature/Humidity? Dry skin vs "wet/moist" skin? etc
I like that screen and in testing/dev it was working fine, however, I certainly want to avoid a bad user experience...if you have to swipe your fingers 5 or 6 times over the screen until it works, that is less than ideal.
The only other difference I can think of is that for testing, I just had the screen sitting on my desk; now I put it in a case (SmartPI Touch 2); but I'm not sure that this would cause these issues.

Appreciate any feedback/guidance you can give me to see if I can turn this device into a delivering a better user experience. Thanks!

Return to “Official Foundation Display”