billintad

Screen has moved behind the touch plate

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

On my official display the screen has moved to be at an angle to the touch plate (it may have been the hot weather last year). I cannot move it back again.

I remember this was a problem when the official screen was first available but it did not affect my screen

However it has now. Can some one point me to info to let me move the screen back to its original position.

alphanumeric

Re: Screen has moved behind the touch plate

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Mine did something similar, the bezel ever so slowly slid down over time. Eventually I lost some usable space at the top of the screen. My status bar was partially covered by the black border on the bezel.
What I did was slowly push the bezel back up. My screen is bolted into a metal frame. I put two rubber blocks under the bottom of the bezel that applied some mild upward pressure. It took a month or so but it slowly moved back into its original position. I just kept adding shims under the rubber blocks to slowly push it back up.
It appears that what ever they used to attach the bezel never gets solid. It's like the black gunk that holds your windshield in your car.

billintad

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks for the advice. The movement on my display is slanted, so might be a little more complicated. I wonder if applying warmth might speed up the process.

alphanumeric

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:30 pm

I contemplated doing that, my worry was that the bezel might come completely off. Or that the goop might go where I didn't want it to go. My screen was one of the version 1 screens, and bought very shortly after release. I just recently bought a second screen. This one is in a SmartiPi V2 case that has a plastic border around the screens bezel. In theory it shouldn't be able to move as its supported on all 4 sides.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”