scotc84

Screen lines

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 am

Hi all,
I've recently set up my raspberry pi with the screen and I am getting bright greenish lines on the right-hand side of the screen and a little rainbow box in the top corner. I've attached a photo. The lines aren't as thick as they look in the photo. They're thin and close together but the phone doesn't pick them up very well.
I set it up with the red and black wires between the pi and screen as suggested in the setup.
Would it be better if I used a different power setup?
Attachments
pi screen.jpeg
pi screen.jpeg (196.75 KiB) Viewed 201 times

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Screen lines

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 am

This can't be fixed. You will have to ask your seller for replacement.
Can you attach a picture showing the standard Background? Looks also strange at the left side (as per your picture where green lines are at 6 o'clock Position)

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Screen lines

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 pm

scotc84 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 am
and a little rainbow box in the top corner.
That implies old firmware and an undervoltage warning on the Pi itself.
A photo of the full screen, preferably with something fairly standard being displayed (eg the normal desktop background) would be useful.

It's also worth checking that all the connections from the controller board to the display are sound before investigating returning the screen.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
Please don't send PMs asking for support - use the forum.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”