CRImier

Re: Overlay to remap Pi 3 UART

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Pi Zero W: the latest overlay that was uploaded by PhilE seems to work, I could connect to a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth speaker using bluetoothctl - it wasn't as stable&smooth as it usually is with Bluetooth device that are properly attached, I did get some weird delays&disconnects, but then, I got those when using built-in BT with the default UART, too. Until it's mainlined, I'll mirror it here.

BTW, are the sources for that overlay available somewhere? For educational purposes, I'd like to see how the fix looks (I know it's a temporary one).
hackaday.io/CRImier
Current project - ZeroPhone

TrevorG

Re: Overlay to remap Pi 3 UART

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Having just moved a program that uses the GPIO UART from a Pi 1B to a Pi 3B it failed to send data down the UART. Hardly a surprise to contributors to this topic. After reading this topic and trying a few experiments I now have a working program again.

From my tests I can shed light on an unresolved point. There has been a lot of discussion about the need for enable_uart=1 in config.txt. The point that has been missed is that while enable_uart=1 does not appear to do anything it forces the removal of enable_uart=0.

So simply commenting out enable_uart=0 is all that is required once you have added dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt.

Return to “Device Tree”