KanoMaster22

Re: Where to buy AIY Vision Kit UK?

Wed May 16, 2018 5:12 pm

I know there are probably complications but how hard can it be to produce a load of kits and ship them to the UK?

eric_castro

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:34 am

this is beyond ridiculous now... the only way to get this in europe is through ebay at a conveniently inflated price by US sellers.

we're more than half a year after US release.

would love to know what on earth is taking so long for EU/UK release

CasioJones

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:57 pm

To be honest in my opinion google does not care. I mean 1.1 of the aiy kit was released ages go.
Now they seem to be concentrating on the Edge TPU & USB. Google like to push the beyond the norm.
If something does not meet their criteria they drop it, like many of their other projects.

If they were going to release it they would have given an estimation. ?

KanoMaster22

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 pm

We have all been left in the dark about this. Originally it was said to be Easter but that was almost half a year ago now. Judging by the fact more distributors are selling the Vision Kit (for example recently Adafruit), the next stage should be getting them to the UK. Wouldn't be surprised if Pimoroni or another UK Pi Shop are in contact with Google over this. It's possible they are already on their way over (I doubt it though).

I got a bit excited about the Edge TPU and USB then I realised us people in the UK probably won't get it for years!

bensimmo

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:03 am

Unfortunately a large company like Google doesn't have the means to produce and distribute goods like the small Raspberry Pi company.

KanoMaster22

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:42 pm

FOUND IT! https://coolcomponents.co.uk/collection ... ro-wh-v1-1 . Although it is at a rather high price.

Return to “The MagPi”