Supermerlin
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:20 am

Hallo,

it would be very useful to have a table of content for all issues (regular issues and all special topic issues) of "The MagPi" which could be searched.

For example, when I would like to find all issues of The MagPi which are part of a guide to learn C (which would be the issues # 47, 48 and 49).

Is something like this already available?
If not - would it be possible to produce something like this?

Best regards,
Supermerlin

robthez
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 am
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 am

Hiya,

We have seen some of these floating around online although I can't find one right this moment. There is a database of the first 30 issues that was put together before the handover as well.

Next time I see one I'll make a note of it and post it here

ozono
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Numbers up to 56 inclusive

7-Zip (72kB):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYcSrembrDj_-6_vQw

OpenOffice Spreadsheet (74kB):
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYcTkhmtJIrhELFXcw
Last edited by ozono on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

k-pi
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:46 pm
Location: Upper Hale, Surrey, UK.

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks for that, going to be very useful. :)

Supermerlin
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:36 pm

ozono wrote:Hello,

Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYYc8sf3fQk3ZAijJg
Sorry for my late reply - lots of thanks.
I found my post in todays new issue Nr. 56 of The MagPi - haven´t seen, that your answer was there already such a long time.

Regards, Supermerlin

ozono
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Numbers up to 56 inclusive

7-Zip (72kB):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYcSrembrDj_-6_vQw

OpenOffice Spreadsheet (74kB):
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYcTkhmtJIrhELFXcw
Last edited by ozono on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

trucker4792
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Thank you so very much, not much of a maker or coder but this will greatly enhance following subjects I'm interested in. Have all MagPi's on my Pi system. Had all the Commodore products back in the day, (C-64, C-128 and various Amiga's).
When Commodore folded up it wasn't exciting like it was before. It's been a joy to watch how both the growth of the Raspberry Pi and Pi Community has energized interest, learning, making and imagination around the world. Thank you all from a 65 year old geek.

LC6759
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm

ozono wrote:Hello,

Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYYc8sf3fQk3ZAijJg
Being new to Raspberry Pi and the Raspbian/Linux programming language I have a question on this link to the consolidated table of content (TOC). The link takes me to the Microsoft One Drive LIVE site and then automatically downloads a file named "MagPi.7z." Unfortunately nothing on my computer will open this file. Anyone have instructions on what type of file this is, what the "7z" file extension is and how I can open it to view? Appreciate any help for this old (62 yr) guy.

SilverDragonSys
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 pm

LC6759 wrote: Being new to Raspberry Pi and the Raspbian/Linux programming language I have a question on this link to the consolidated table of content (TOC). The link takes me to the Microsoft One Drive LIVE site and then automatically downloads a file named "MagPi.7z." Unfortunately nothing on my computer will open this file. Anyone have instructions on what type of file this is, what the "7z" file extension is and how I can open it to view? Appreciate any help for this old (62 yr) guy.
7z is the file extension for 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, its a compression program similar to WinRAR.
J. King - SFC US Army (Ret), CEO SilverDragonSystems

LC6759
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:47 am

SilverDragonSys wrote:
LC6759 wrote: Being new to Raspberry Pi and the Raspbian/Linux programming language I have a question on this link to the consolidated table of content (TOC). The link takes me to the Microsoft One Drive LIVE site and then automatically downloads a file named "MagPi.7z." Unfortunately nothing on my computer will open this file. Anyone have instructions on what type of file this is, what the "7z" file extension is and how I can open it to view? Appreciate any help for this old (62 yr) guy.
7z is the file extension for 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, its a compression program similar to WinRAR.
Thanks, see you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :lol:

PaulMm
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 am

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:17 am

I'm trying to open the "ods" file in the archive on an android tablet after a successful download, and just get an error: "Copy error, decode error". The android tablet does not allow me to extract the file MagPi.ods though I can see it is present, and the archive is correctly identified as a 7zip type. The ods file appears to be 74kB and the archive 72kB so there doesn't seem much point in archiving it anyway as the compression is minimal.

Any ideas on what I or Android are doing wrong? Is there an uncompressed version available anywhere? And what is an ods file - is it a text file saved from open/libre office?


Milliways
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 am

ozono wrote:Hello,

Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1k27Ujlo5RgYYc8sf3fQk3ZAijJg
All I see is "This item might not exist or is no longer available"

Maybe secret Microsoft business?

May19887
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Re: Consolidated table of content of all issues of TheMagPi

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Here's a TOC for issues 57 to 70.

Have fun!
Attachments
TOC-57--70.zip
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Return to “The MagPi”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests