Whity

Re: STICKY: Help & Support

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:22 am

Fantastic, Many thanks for your help

RetroVeteran

Re: STICKY: Help with Spectrum Issue 67 Start Page 24

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

The Spectrum keyboard is not being picked up by the RetroPie V4.3 and of course does not work with FUSE. I have used the test program to test the Spectrum Keyboard and works as per expectation. I have followed all the steps published in the article and even been on line to MagPi.cc/2EbikTS which provides a different listing to use. It appears that some parts of the article have disappeared from the printed version. So any help would be appreciated if of practical use. What might really help would be to hear from someone who has managed to get this working from the original article. Many thanks

RetroVeteran

Re: STICKY: Help & Support

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm

I have finally managed to resolve this issue myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite simple really, just never spotted the error in the listing. :evil: :evil:
Of course this could just apply to my system, I don't know.
My solution to missing Spectrum Keyboard on boot Is as follows:

Original Code reads:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/python /home/pi/zxscanner.py

On my system zxscanner.py is in a further directory zxscanner, so never gets executed using the original code provided.
I moved zxscanner.py to the correct directory and problem resolved. Of course I assume you could just have done this:

/usr/bin/python /home/pi/zxscanner/zxscanner.py
I have not tested that out.

A massive thank you and appreciation must go to PJEvans the original author for all his help and assistance in trying to resolve my problem.

Return to “The MagPi”