hippy

Missing issues in online catalogue

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:03 pm

The online catalogue of issues only goes up to Issue 71, July 2018, "Run Android", is missing 72 "AI made easy" and 73 "Video games" -

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues

Issue 71 is also the latest issue shown under Latest News, though more recent projects from later issues are detailed below that -

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/news

lucyhattersley

Re: Missing issues in online catalogue

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am

We're currently looking into this. It seems to be a browser-based error and we see it in different browser / computer setups. I can see all the latest issues using Chrome on a Mac, but not Safari.

In the meantime try using a different browser and you should be able to see all the issues.

stubright

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:35 am

Hi,
I have the same problem as Hippy. I've tried Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi and Midori, they all showing issue 71 as the latest release.
Stu

DirkS

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 pm

lucyhattersley wrote:
We're currently looking into this. It seems to be a browser-based error and we see it in different browser / computer setups. I can see all the latest issues using Chrome on a Mac, but not Safari.

In the meantime try using a different browser and you should be able to see all the issues.
Chrome and MS Edge (shudder) on Window 10 only go up to issue 71
I don't have any other browsers and I don't want to install others. Perfectly happy with Chrome, thank you.

hippy

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm

lucyhattersley wrote:
Only up to Issue 71 in Chrome, Chromium (Pi), Firefox, IE11, Opera, Palemoon, Seamonkey and Vivaldi.

The HTML doesn't include anything after Issue 71 so perhaps it is the server sending out different content depending on User-Agent or something ?

I couldn't see any metadata showing publication or generation date in the HTML but it does include -

<!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2018-07-10 16:18:32 -->

That July date would be consistent with the July 71 issue being the latest shown. So perhaps it's a caching issue, maybe a problem with WordPress ?

It could be that what's being looked at in Pi Towers, if that's where you are, on some systems or browsers, is different to what others get to see.

Return to “The MagPi”