Torcrayth

What type of build project would you like to see in Magpi?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:45 pm

A while ago I posted up about how I would like Magpi to do a robot build over several issues viewtopic.php?f=106&t=210907&p=1302712#p1302712.

Several people liked this idea but I was also wondering what else would Pi Fans like to see as a project build in Magpi?

Who knows, perhaps if we can get enough for a certain type of build then perhaps the Magpi people may take us up on our request (perhaps they could run a vote system somehow on here - I did think of doing a poll but would want to see what other ideas people have first)?

How about it Magpi?

robthez
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: What type of build project would you like to see in Magpi?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 am

Huh, I didn't see that thread.

We did have a robot building thing in issues 51 and 52.

We do take on board suggestions though!

Torcrayth

Re: What type of build project would you like to see in Magpi?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:02 pm

... there are so many threads I'm not surprised the odd one gets missed.

It would be fantastic if The MagPi did a wheeled robot build over a couple of issues or so.
You could start by first listing the suggested components in the first part or the article, then the following month build those items (this would allow us time to go out and buy the bits).
At the end of each month list the bits for the next month build and so on and so on. If you took it over several publications adding more and more we could stop when we wanted to... Personally I'd like it to get to the level of automated with say solar charging and such like.
It could also cover programming step by step from basic WiFi controllers to using phone and onto AI even (like following things)

You could even come back to it a year or so later and add some newer features that were developed in the interim.

I really do think it would be popular.

Go safe.

T

Return to “The MagPi”