KanoMaster22

Issue with HDMI Adapter

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 am

Hello everyone,
I have had an issue with the HDMI adapter that came with my Magpi Subscription as part of the free gift. The adapter doesn't plug all the way in as the chunky plastic bit is bigger than the hole in the case meaning the adapter doesn't plug all the way in! In the past the slightest knock by touching the cable would cause the screen to go pink or something like that but today it just wouldn't go in! I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why my pi booted but nothing came up on the screen for it to be something this simple! It is all fun learning about computers when issues like this come up, however, this could be a common fault and I feel as if it could easily have been prevented by a different adapter being given as a free gift in the future. I simply solved this by taking the Pi Zero W out of the case.

By the way by Pi was properly in the case and it was the official Pi Zero case.

Thanks,
LouisP

ChristopherMBush

Re: Issue with HDMI Adapter

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:55 pm

KanoMaster22 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 am
Hello everyone,
I have had an issue with the HDMI adapter that came with my Magpi Subscription as part of the free gift. The adapter doesn't plug all the way in as the chunky plastic bit is bigger than the hole in the case meaning the adapter doesn't plug all the way in!
I also got a faulty HDMI adapter as a free gift with my subscription. But, it was a gift, and I had got one spare, so I did not care about it. Now, that you've talked about it, I would also like to suggest that a different or better adapter be given as a gift.

wolbert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 am

Got my free HDMI adapter and it has no problems.

Paul Webster

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 am

I had the issue with HDMI adapter recently. Was a white one sold as compatible with Pi Zero.
My solution was to use a sharp craft knife to cut away a few mm of plastic on the adapter.
Obviously needs to be done carefully because of risk of cutting finger - but worked perfectly for me.

lucy_hattersley

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

Are you definitely pushing the Pi Zero W all the way into the case (so it clips onto the four pins at the bottom)?

Return to “The MagPi”