claytonjordan

Windows 10 IoT Raspberry Pi 3 Errors

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 pm

I've recently tried to install Windows 10 IoT core build 17134 on my RPI 3 model B. Upon boot, I'm given the error code:
0xc000014c.
It contains the following:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may be the cause. To fix the problem:
(it gives me some useless tips that involve using a windows install disc.)
I'm not using one of the 2 recommended micro SD cards, however it is a class 10 and has 14Gb, the minimum being 8. About a year ago, an older build did work on my RPI 2B, so is it maybe a problem with the build? I don't see many using this version online. I've also made sure that I'm providing enough juice to the board. I notice that when I plug in the ethernet cable, the indication light does not flash.

I don't have any more info than that, but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Clayton

DougieLawson

Re: Windows 10 IoT Raspberry Pi 3 Errors

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Is it a 3B or 3B+?

If it's a 3B+ you need to get a special build of Win10 IoT 17661 (or later).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... windowsiot

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... WindowsIoT
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

claytonjordan

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 pm

It's just a model B. Through some online tutorials I learned that the B+ needs the special build, but I'm still really confused as to why this one isn't working with my unit. Before erasing the card, I had the AIY voice hat installed. Could removing it have an affect on the installation of the IoT build? Do I maybe need to do a factory reset in Raspbian (if that's even an option)?

DougieLawson

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Win10 IoT doesn't know or care what additional hardware you may or may not have attached. Try the 17692 build on your 3B and see how that goes.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

claytonjordan

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 am

I gave the build you suggested a try, and it spit out the same error with a different text saying something about the hardware configured incorrectly or something on the lines of that. (I didn't get a chance to get a picture because) Shortly after, the windows logo flashed on screen and it started to boot normally. I noticed the ethernet led started flashing normally and the Pi eventually appeared on the "my devices" list. It's taking a long time to boot but maybe it'll come around and work normally. I'll keep you posted in case the error continues

claytonjordan

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:07 am

After about 15 minutes of a continuous boot loop, I was left on a screen with the starting error, 0xc000014c. This time, it stated:
File: \efi\microsoft\boot\BCD
Info: The Boot Configuration Data for you PC is missing or contains errors.

Could this be as small of a matter as not ejecting the card safely or something? I don't know what would make the card have a corrupted boot volume.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”