Tenebra

[question]Display Data from MSSQL-Database

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi !

I'm currently lokking for a way to read data from an MSSQL-Database and display the Data on the Raspberry Pi3 that is connected to a monitor (obviously lol)

Am I right that this is not at all possible with Windows 10 IOT and MSSQL-Server by simply using a SQL Connection string and sending a Query to the Server?

I only seem to find workarounds with SQLite or a Webservice that prepares the Data first so only to be absolutly sure: there is no way to write a Programm in C# that uses a simple connection string to query a MSSQL Database on a SQL 2016 Server an work with that data?

Lets say i have a database table on MSSQL 2016 that records hourly Temperature Data.
Now i want my Raspberry Pi3 to get this Data out of the MSSQL 2016 databasetable and display a temperature curve on a Monitor.

i would love to hear if that is at all possible or if i can stop looking for a solution :)

Kind Regards
Tenebra

rb40

Re: [question]Display Data from MSSQL-Database

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Have a look at https://github.com/ms-iot/iot-utilities ... ortingTool on how to use sqllite to store/retrieve data on windows iot

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”