Heenne

Where is the cmdline.txt on WIndows IOT Dashboard installation?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

I can't find the cmdline.txt file for my device.

I used the Windows IOT Dashboard to install the image on the SD-card of my Raspberry Pi 3

I want to switch pin 14 and 15 to GPIO usage.

Therefor I must delete the references to /dev/ttyAMA0 and /etc/inittab out of the cmdline.txt file.

But I can't find it, neither when I plugin the sd-card in my laptop, nor when I try it with powershell...

Can anybody tell me how to access that file?
Somebody also told me this would be a Linux thing and there is no cmdline.txt on windows IoT. But how do I deactivate the UART usage on the pin 14 & 15 so I can use them as GPIO?

Thanks in advance, Heenne

fruitoftheloom

Re: Where is the cmdline.txt on WIndows IOT Dashboard installation?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Heenne wrote:
I can't find the cmdline.txt file for my device.

I used the Windows IOT Dashboard to install the image on the SD-card of my Raspberry Pi 3

I want to switch pin 14 and 15 to GPIO usage.

Therefor I must delete the references to /dev/ttyAMA0 and /etc/inittab out of the cmdline.txt file.

But I can't find it, neither when I plugin the sd-card in my laptop, nor when I try it with powershell...

Can anybody tell me how to access that file?
Somebody also told me this would be a Linux thing and there is no cmdline.txt on windows IoT. But how do I deactivate the UART usage on the pin 14 & 15 so I can use them as GPIO?

Thanks in advance, Heenne

Microsoft are likely the best people to ask about there software, but here is the GPIO page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... appingsrpi
Adieu

jahboater

Re: Where is the cmdline.txt on WIndows IOT Dashboard installation?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Heenne wrote:
Somebody also told me this would be a Linux thing and there is no cmdline.txt on windows IoT.
Yes it is, cmdline.txt contains the command line arguments passed to the Linux kernel.

Any references to /dev/ttyAMA0 and /etc/inittab are Linux things too - but /etc/inittab is obsolete and doesn't exist on recent Raspbian.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”