parsa_karami

Windows 10 Iot Core : The LCD screen suddenly turn to White and Windows Iot Hang up

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

I use windows Iot core build 16299 and recently use insider preview build 17030 ,i use it in complicated project that my sensor connected to I/O ports in raspberry PI, for example SPI , I2C , UART and USB. an UWP app use in order to turn sensor result to visual and consume some webservice to send result to server, this operation show in 5" HDMI Waveshare LCD that get touch power and data from USB cable.
Sometimes during application runs, the screen turn to White and the application lost connectivity in ethernet and wifi.

do you have any idea?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Windows 10 Iot Core : The LCD screen suddenly turn to White and Windows Iot Hang up

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm

parsa_karami wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm
I use windows Iot core build 16299 and recently use insider preview build 17030 ,i use it in complicated project that my sensor connected to I/O ports in raspberry PI, for example SPI , I2C , UART and USB. an UWP app use in order to turn sensor result to visual and consume some webservice to send result to server, this operation show in 5" HDMI Waveshare LCD that get touch power and data from USB cable.
Sometimes during application runs, the screen turn to White and the application lost connectivity in ethernet and wifi.

do you have any idea?

Microsoft has a support forum for their Software: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forum ... WindowsIoT
My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C ARM32 SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC.
3 Mobile Huawei E5330 Mobile Mi-Fi

skipfire

Re: Windows 10 Iot Core : The LCD screen suddenly turn to White and Windows Iot Hang up

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:04 pm

@fruitoftheloom, that sounds like power issues. I had similar issues in one setup where a power supply couldn't supply enough power for long enough. Most micro-USB power supplies are probably not going to supply enough power for the Pi and a USB powered display, or the Pi may not be able to consistently deliver enough power through USB and then fault that way.

You might try a heftier power supply for the Pi, a USB cable that has a power injection tail (like external DVD drives sometimes do with a second power only plug), or if you can for awhile to test it, plug in a different non-USB powered monitor and use a keyboard and mouse for control, and see if it ever happens with that setup. If you never see the problem with monitor that isn't powered by the Pi then power is most likely the problem. You can also try putting a powered USB hub between the Pi and the display to take the entire monitor load off of the Pi.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”