Aymeeeric

Default App change after each reboot

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:19 am

Hi everybody,

Since the last IoT update (i guess) the system don't let my foreground app to be the "default app"...
At relaunch, the app is always default, but after several seconds, IoTOnboardingTask launches and after that the IotCoreDefault app is set again as default, and my app stop...

Can everybody helps me on this issue (IOT - Raspberry PI 3) ?

-- EDIT :

I'm sorry. I have to be a little clearer:
From now, when the Raspberry restarts, the default application (in this case, mine) starts well.
But after a few seconds, it stops. And the IoTCoreDefaultApp starts AND become the default application.
I have to manually set my application to default after each restart !

I need to precise : the app works well when I manually set it to default... Until the next reboot.

After restart :

Few seconds after :

Any help would be very welcome ... it's total lincomprehension for us.
Last edited by Aymeeeric on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DougieLawson

Re: URGENT - Default App change after each reboot

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Please don't post "Urgent" things on here. This forum is run by unpaid volunteers there's no formal support and no service levels for replies.

Since you're asking about Win10IoT try posting on: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forum ... WindowsIoT
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Aymeeeric

Re: Default App change after each reboot

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, sorry...
I understand well your remark.

I've changed the post title ;)

Aymeeeric

Re: Default App change after each reboot

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks to MSDN forums (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... WindowsIoT), the problem is "solved".

The solution :
UPDATE: I have reached out to the team and they have three options / suggestions for you to review

Remove / Uninstall the IoT Default Application
Remove / Uninstall the script that is resetting the Default App back to the IoT Default app
Delete the registry entry that indicates first boot (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\IoTCore\FirstBootSetup)

They suspect that your device thinks it is being booted for the first time and therefore is doing the initial "OOBE" Out Of Box Experience configuration steps and that is what is resetting your default App.
Ok, so the IoTGirl suggestion seems to be the solution.

After connecting to the device via PowerShell and run the command :
reg.exe DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\IoTCore /v FirstBootSetup /f

The problem seems to be solved.

It's really strange but... Ok, it works.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”