PaulBrennan

Official touch screen stops working

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:49 am

I'm very excited with the terrific combination of Raspberry PI 3 and Windows IoT. I'm developing a very nice application but I got a huge problem. Everything works fine with the touch screen and the Xaml screen controls. But when I play an MP3 file the touch screen gets blocked after several seconds (ramdomly but always) and does not respond to touching events. The mouse still works and also the screen but not its touching features. My application is developed with Visual Studio 2015 and I have supressed any code to try to find the problem, so now it's a pure Xaml "dumb" application playing a MP3 file when it starts. If I change the startup application back to IoTCoreDefaultApp the touch screen does not work either and I have to reset the Raspberry.

Is it a hardware fault of my touch screen or a Windows IoT problem? Any help will be very much appreciate it: I'm blocked in my development.

PaulBrennan

Re: Official touch screen stops working

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:45 pm

I've just found the origin of the problem I got at the Windows IoT forum. I'm not the only one having this problem and apparently it's a problem of the Raspberry firmware. This is the post I've found:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... WindowsIoT

Hey, Raspberry engineers: can't you solve this issue, pleeeze? You're doing an amazing job and this is a simple but irritating problem you surely can fix it in a couple of days. Please let me know about it...

fruitoftheloom

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:11 pm

PaulBrennan wrote:I've just found the origin of the problem I got at the Windows IoT forum. I'm not the only one having this problem and apparently it's a problem of the Raspberry firmware. This is the post I've found:

Hey, Raspberry engineers: can't you solve this issue, pleeeze? You're doing an amazing job and this is a simple but irritating problem you surely can fix it in a couple of days. Please let me know about it...
These issues need to be fixed by the Microst Developers as it is their software, they are supplied the relevant information by RPF/RPT.
My only "PC" is an Asus ChromeBit running ChromeOS, cloudcentric at its best !
Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C SoC as used in ASUS Chromebook C201 & Chromebook Flip C100PA as well as the Tinker SBC.
3 Mobile Huawei E5330 Mobile Mi-Fi

PaulBrennan

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:00 pm

I've just received a Sabrent USB stereo sound adapter, model AU-EMAC, and it works with the touch screen!

So let me just ask you: if the integrated sound chip makes the touch screen crush and the USB Sabrent it doenn't, is it a hardware or a software problem?

I can't figure out why one works and the other doesn't, but my project is well saved by now at the extra cost of using the USB sound adapter.

Please let me know your thoughts and comments about this surprising issue.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulBrennan

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:21 pm

I'd like to share with you all the post I placed at Microsoft forum about this issue so you can have a more complete information and Microsoft's point of view.

Regards,

Paul.

Jefffhaynes

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:19 pm

If you read the supplied link you will see this does not appear to be a Microsoft problem. Can we please get an update from the firmware devs and whether the Pi foundation intends to fix this?

Thanks

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”