fruitoftheloom

Re: pi 3 support

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:58 am

deadkenny wrote:Onboard WiFi & BT on Pi 3 with current latest Insider Preview build 14262 of IoT... no go.

It's a fair question for the OP to ask as it's not immediately clear unless you stumble on the correct page from MS...

http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/w ... atsNew.htm
Coming Soon in a future release of Windows IoT Core Insider Preview
•Onboard WiFi & Bluetooth, but in the meantime you can still use a compatible USB WiFi/Bluetooth dongle.
I ordered on the basis on the blog entries and suggestion was that the Pi 3 is fully supported with the latest Insider Preview.

Not complaining as I can wait for a release that does support the onboard WiFi, just it's a slight niggle if you've just got it, flashed away, going through the set up and then it says it can't find the WiFi device. Just means I have to dig out an Ethernet cable and find a spare port on a switch somewhere for the time being.

Hopefully "coming soon" is not far off.

BT is more of a disappointment as I wanted to play with that. I don't really want to buy the dongle as being built in is a large point of the Pi 3. Still, hopefully soon.
The RPF Developers pass the information to MS so they can build the Drivers, therefore only MS will know the timescale.

The link you posted I had already posted here and in another Thread ;)
Rather than negativity think outside the box !

Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer.

bluecar1

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:12 pm

by deadkenny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am
Onboard WiFi & BT on Pi 3 with current latest Insider Preview build 14262 of IoT... no go.

It's a fair question for the OP to ask as it's not immediately clear unless you stumble on the correct page from MS...
thanks deadkenny that was exactly the feedback i was after

that means i can now make the choice and get the official display for another project rather than spending cash this month on a pi3 (just puts off getting a pi3 a month or two when hopefully there will then be support for the wifi / ble)

thanks BC1

mimi123

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Windows IoT builds are still for ARM 32-bit. Redstone 64-bit ARM builds exist, but are not ready yet for public diffusion(no JIT for Chakra is just one of the big issues still not solved)

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”