mimi123

Adding ARM code support?

Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Currently the ntoskrnl should be patched to run ARM code(not Thumb). Can MS add ARM code support for the RPi2?
A tarball with such apps is included.
Attachments
win32_arm.tar
(20 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

markrad_msft

Re: Adding ARM code support?

Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Frankly I'm not sure what you are asking for here. Can you elucidate please?
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

mimi123

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:03 pm

markrad_msft wrote:Frankly I'm not sure what you are asking for here. Can you elucidate please?
The ARM core has two modes of operation, ARM and Thumb2.
Windows NT switches the core to Thumb2 in each context switch so ARM code is unreliable[the context switch can happen at any time]. I wonder why Windows NT* doesn't keep CPSR.

*the bug is also verified to exist in Windows RT and Windows Phone 8.1, but the issue is bigger on the Pi as it's a developer platform

mimi123

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:24 pm

mimi123 wrote:
markrad_msft wrote:Frankly I'm not sure what you are asking for here. Can you elucidate please?
The ARM core has two modes of operation, ARM and Thumb2.
Windows NT switches the core to Thumb2 in each context switch so ARM code is unreliable[the context switch can happen at any time]. I wonder why Windows NT* doesn't keep CPSR.

*the bug is also verified to exist in Windows RT and Windows Phone 8.1, but the issue is bigger on the Pi as it's a developer platform
now bumping it

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”