munseman

Command not recognized

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:34 pm

I have successfully booted my raspberry pi 2 with windows IoT and have established a connection with enter-psession however beyond that I am unable to perform any of the commands. With the command PS C:\> schtasks /Delete /TN Microsoft\Windows\IoT\Startup /F I get the error:
schtasks: ERROR: the system cannot find the file specified.
+category info: not specified(Error: the syst..file specified.:string) [], remoteexception
+fullyqualifiederrorid: nativecommand error

And when I try to run setcomputername or tlist I just get the error
Command 'setcomputername' cannot be found.

Any ideas? When I look at the running processes via inputting the devices ip address in my address bar I see there is 2 instances of msvsmon.exe running however I do not see any remote debugger tool that is supposed to automatically appear.

markrad_msft

Re: Command not recognized

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 am

I've seen the instance where one sees "Command 'whatever' cannot be found." I'm not sure what it is but if you simply press enter again it will execute anyway. At least it does for me.
I'm not sure about the schtasks issue you are seeing. I'm not able to reproduce that
To what remote debugger tool do you refer? msvsmon is used by Visual Studio 2015 on your host to deploy and debug applications on your Win10 IoT device. Two instances are normal.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

ndrd72

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am

I too get the same error when following the instructions at:

http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/w ... rShell.htm

munseman

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks, pressing enter twice worked(quite odd)! I was just curious if the remote debugger tool was a separate UI that I was supposed to see but if it's indication of working is 2 instances of msvmon, then I'm good.

Yeah I'm still not sure on what's going on with schtasks though...

markrad_msft

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 pm

The command not found issue is caused by one failing to execute the line:

Code: Select all

remove-module psreadline -force
before executing Enter-PSSession.
This requirement is documented on the page that describes how to connect to your device with PowerShell - http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/w ... rShell.htm
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

bzanin

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am

Hi

Can you help?
I and new to the Win 10 environment for the PI
I am still having the file missing problem when issuing the command:
schtasks /Delete /TN Microsoft\Windows\IoT\Startup /F
Am I missing something? I went through the process a number of times to make sure I did not miss anything with still the same result.
Where is this 'file' supposed to be?
What happens if this command is not successful?
Will I still be able to deploy an application to the PI and get it running.
Any suggestion would be appreciated
Thanks
Bruno

jtanner_msft

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:35 pm

If that command doesn't work, just ignore it and continue on. The fact it didn't work shouldn't prevent you from being able to deploy an application to the Rpi2 device.

If you do continue to have a problem though please let us know.
Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

markrad_msft

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I reviewed the scheduled tasks on my RPi2 by just entering schtasks and I don't see an entry for Microsoft\Windows\IoT\Startup. Hence, if I run the same command as yourself, I too see a file not found error. This is what I would expect to see.
What is it you are trying to do?

bzanin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks to you both I am now sorted with this issue.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”