jay691

MediaElement doesn't load MP4 video

Fri May 29, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm testing a mediaelement control in XAML, but it doesn't load the video. This is what I have in XAML:

Code: Select all

<MediaElement x:Name="mediaElement1" Source="http://video.ch9.ms/ch9/dfee/44aa9dec-c2a6-4221-a488-fd44fb08dfee/AzurePowerShell101VMs.mp4" Grid.Row="1" />
It doesn't display any content (not even after half an hour - I tried giving it enough time in case it needed more time).

I have a webview control in the window aswell and that one works fine (loads the webpage), so I know I do have internet connection...

Thanks for any help.

Jay

ChrisBriggsy

Re: MediaElement doesn't load MP4 video

Sun May 31, 2015 12:40 am

Hi jay691,

I have been able to reproduce your issue and was unable to stream a video from the internet and display it within a media element. To further understand the problem, I downloaded the video and copied it to the Pi as an asset, the result was that the video can play at a very low frame rate. As can be seen in the following video http://youtu.be/jcehYhbum3c .

Please let me know if you work out a way to get video playback working on the Pi,

Many thanks, Chris
Want to learn the basics of Windows Universal app development for devices running Windows 10 IoT Core through to how to integrate the solution with Windows Azure? than check out blog.chrisbriggsy.com/Dev-superpowers-Jumping-into-windows-internet-of-things

AcerExtensa

Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 am

The current Windows 10 IoT image for RPi2 doesn't use HW acceleration... it's all software.
For now the UI performance are slow.

jay691

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:29 pm

AcerExtensa wrote:The current Windows 10 IoT image for RPi2 doesn't use HW acceleration... it's all software.
For now the UI performance are slow.
You write "for now", does that mean that it will in the future? If so, where can we find more information about this? Can you point us to some references? Thanks.

markrad_msft

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:48 am

The product group have indicated that they intend to address this. I have no further information.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”