jonesypeter

Windows IoT Core Watcher

Tue May 05, 2015 8:34 am

Hello,

I have my Raspberry Pi Running Windows 10 IoT, and with some help from other users installed Visual Studio 2015RC on my Windows 10 Box.

The problem comes when I install 'Windows IoT Core Watcher'. It seems to install OK, but I can see no evidence of the watcher running. How do I know it is running?

I have used RegEdit to unlock my device:

Set the value of this DWORD to 1: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModelUnlock\AllowAllTrustedApps
Set the value of this DWORD to 1: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModelUnlock\AllowDevelopmentWithoutDevLicense

Thanks

RandomPiDude

Re: Windows IoT Core Watcher

Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 pm

This is a known bug that we're all running into with Windows 10 64Bit

Workaround:

Launch the "Developer Command Prompt for VS2015" as Administrator
change the working directory over to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft IoT"

sn -Vr WindowsIoTCoreWatcher.exe
corflags WindowsIoTCoreWatcher.exe /32BIT+ /FORCE

That'll fix it. However, you do not need this program to run to develop for Windows IoT. This just tells you the IP address of the Pi. If you already know that, you can browse to that IP in a browser window and you'll see options to shutdown, restart, deploy, and a bunch of other things. Visual Studio also just needs the IP address to deploy.

Ping me if you have other questions. I've been slowly working through all this myself :)

Oh, and here's the bug report that you should go upvote -> https://connect.microsoft.com/windowsem ... ls/1295993

DazzF

Wed May 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks RandomPiDude, I had the same problem, I'll try this later.....

jtanner_msft

Wed May 06, 2015 6:32 pm

The Watcher app is really only needed to see that the device has booted correctly. If you are having a problem with it, but can see the IP address on your device once it's been booted then you should be able to connect to it using: http://<ip address> in a browser.

I hope that helps. And we are aware of the issue with the Iot Core Watcher and looking into solutions.
Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

maas0903

Tue May 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Is it possible to make a Remote Desktop Connection to the Raspberry Pi 2? I would rather have the output locally on my laptop than on an external dedicated screen.

With my Raspberry Pi B+ running any operating system it is no problem.

Thanks!

- Marius

Reforged

Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 am

Hi Maas0903,

The latest insider of windows iot has a win 10 app to remote desktop directly.
It is a bit buggy but its a great start.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”