hyla

Default App and mouse?

Sat May 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi,

is the DefaultApp (IoTCoreDefaultApp) supposed to be working with a mouse?
The screen looks like it ... "OFF" button, "settings" button ...

Christoph

John_

Re: Default App and mouse?

Sat May 02, 2015 3:04 pm

When I connect a mouse to the PI it does indeed work on the screen where it starts up with.

hyla

Sat May 02, 2015 3:17 pm

John_ wrote:When I connect a mouse to the PI it does indeed work on the screen where it starts up with.
You're right, interesting. I've just connected a USB mouse to the Pi and it indeed is working. Which leads me to the "right" question:

Why doesn't the Logitech K260 wireless desktop set work that I'm trying to use? It's connected via a powered USB hub.

Christoph

deandob

Sun May 03, 2015 1:14 am

I have a generic Microsoft mouse & MS keyboard and can't get either to work on the console screen or in the universal apps I deploy. The mouse has an 'active' LED which lights up during startup so basic USB communication is working but the mouse cursor isn't shown on the screen. With the keyboard the NumLock/ScrollLock/CapsLock LEDs don't light when pressed which normally means the keyboard isn't active.

Both work fine on Windows 10 PC.

Any ideas?

DougieLawson

Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

Shut down your IoT system (from http://192.168.xxx.xxx with your RPi's IP address).

Pull the SDCard, mount it in your laptop and edit F:\config.txt, add

Code: Select all

max_usb_current=1
save it, safely eject it, reboot the RPi.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

hyla

Sun May 03, 2015 10:15 am

Hey Doug,
DougieLawson wrote:... edit F:\config.txt, add

max_usb_current=1
save it, safely eject it, reboot the RPi.
Apart from the fact that the default app crashed twice when I moved the wireless mouse no real success ;)

What's the setting supposed to do?

Christoph

DougieLawson

Sun May 03, 2015 10:20 am

That's a stock standard RPi firmware control that means your high powered USB device can run.

All that stuff is documented here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... fig-txt.md

Even though they're booting into a Windows thing, Microsoft are using the standard RPF firmware stuff to get the GPU running and get it to boot the ARM (in just the same way that I'd do it for bare metal).
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

AES256

Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 am

hyla wrote:
John_ wrote:When I connect a mouse to the PI it does indeed work on the screen where it starts up with.
You're right, interesting. I've just connected a USB mouse to the Pi and it indeed is working. Which leads me to the "right" question:

Why doesn't the Logitech K260 wireless desktop set work that I'm trying to use? It's connected via a powered USB hub.

Christoph
Logitech K260 and K270 sets don't work for me neither. However, I have a MS "Wheel Mouse Optical" wired mouse which works well.

Allowing max_us_current didn't solve the problem.

Both wireless sets worked with all RPi2 distros I've tried so far: Raspbian, Openelec, OSMC, MusicBox, RuneAudio, SquezeBox. I hope it will be supported soon.
Peter

deandob

Sun May 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks tried to add max_usb_current=1 however the main console screen (which displays the IP address) wouldn't run, I just got the screen with the color bars - but the Pi was still on the network and when I deployed a GUI app the mouse was not still not working.
Tried booting twice but same impact, as well as plugging / unplugging after boot and with mouse USB attached and unattached during boot. Removed the max_usb_current=1 and after a reboot the main console screen was back.

Also tried a powered USB hub and a different power supply, still no mouse or keyboard.

Not sure what to do now, USB mouse works fine with NOOBs so I guess its the Windows 10 software.

deandob

Tue May 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Anyone else having problems with mouse / keyboard & found a workaround?

I have tried 3 different wired mouse & keyboards and still nothing although I did manage to see the mouse cursor for about 1 second which disappeared when I moved the mouse. I tried a beefier power supply and can get the console started with max_usb_current=1 but still no mouse & keyboard. Works fine in NOOBs.

jtanner_msft

Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Some USB keyboards and mice may not work on the Raspberry PI2.

WORKAROUND: Use a different keyboard or mouse. This issue has been seen with a few specific models and is suspected to be a power issue with the USB port. This may resolve by using a powered USB hub.

Leaving them disconnected until after boot and then attaching them is another potential work-around.
Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

DougieLawson

Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

If it's a power issue pull the card, mount it in your Windows system. Add

max_usb_current=1
to F:\config.txt. Save, Eject, mount in RPi and try again.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”