Sorry about this, but I'm having trouble running dism.exe after all of the steps. I've completed steps 1-5 to the best of my knowledge, but when I try to run dism.exe it just exits out. It's probably something that I should know, but how do I run the command to flash the image with that version of dism.exe?ObliviousOne wrote:Building from a post: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=109160
I found that you can grab the source files and binarys need to run dism 10 from a windows 10 iso you will need you will need the following files from the windows 10 images source foulder:
1. Download windows 10 iso image
2. Open image with 7zip and navigate to source folder
3. Copy the following files to a folder on your PC:
4. Drop the Flash.ffu file into that folder
5. Run to find out the dive number of your SD card:
6. Run: dism.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:Flash.ffu /ApplyDrive:\\.\PhysicalDriveN /SkipPlatformCheck
Then you are good to go! no VMs needed.
Watching the log it will try to load these from the OS but since they do not exist it will look for them locally.