Belekz

VB.net

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am

Hi everyone,

A while ago we decided at work to use VB.net as main language for our RPi-experiments. (Because we are a PLC-programmers and not that familiar with high level PC coding like C# etc.)
But we now having a lot of struggles to write applications in VB for the Win 10 IoT platform. Simple basic lines like

Code: Select all

Button.BackColor = Color.White
just wont work (VS 2017 doesn't accept that line).

We start thinking that the use of a blank app is the result of this. However we need the use of a blank app in order to get things deployed to Win 10 IoT.

Now the question: Does anyone else have experience with VB.net for Win 10 IoT projects? And how do you work?

I know, we need to step away from VB.net and start using C# but I have to convince more people at my work to change this decision. So in the meantime I keep trying to get my projects working in VB.net.

fruitoftheloom

Re: VB.net

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 am

Belekz wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am
Hi everyone,

A while ago we decided at work to use VB.net as main language for our RPi-experiments. (Because we are a PLC-programmers and not that familiar with high level PC coding like C# etc.)
But we now having a lot of struggles to write applications in VB for the Win 10 IoT platform. Simple basic lines like

Code: Select all

Button.BackColor = Color.White
just wont work (VS 2017 doesn't accept that line).

We start thinking that the use of a blank app is the result of this. However we need the use of a blank app in order to get things deployed to Win 10 IoT.

Now the question: Does anyone else have experience with VB.net for Win 10 IoT projects? And how do you work?

I know, we need to step away from VB.net and start using C# but I have to convince more people at my work to change this decision. So in the meantime I keep trying to get my projects working in VB.net.

There is a MSDN Forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forum ... WindowsIoT
Adieu

Belekz

Re: VB.net

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:32 pm

I just found a lot answers in this article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devsch ... bservices/

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”