ryan88

Release date?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Is there an expected release date, for those of us no longer at school, to be able purchase one?

Davespice
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Release date?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:03 pm

I can't provide a straight answer to this at the moment. We're getting some of the final boards back in the next few weeks but those are going to be consumed by developers, space companies who need to test them and promotional partners. It will be announced as soon as we know. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but don't worry you will be able to get them.

ryan88

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 am

Davespice wrote:I can't provide a straight answer to this at the moment. We're getting some of the final boards back in the next few weeks but those are going to be consumed by developers, space companies who need to test them and promotional partners. It will be announced as soon as we know. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but don't worry you will be able to get them.
Thanks for the quick response. Are you able to divulge the model numbers of the sensors being used so that we can start taking a look at the data sheets in preparation?

topshed
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 pm

I'd also find the details of the various sensors being used very helpful, especially the accelerometer/ magnetometer.
--
Richard Hayler - Citizen Science Programme Manager

KokoMcNeal

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Since the Astro Pi is now "live", I wanted to ask, if there are some news about the sensors. I'm especially interested, which air humidity sensor is on the board (since I played around with a number of DHT11 and DHT22 sensors and they are not the most accurate ones).
And of course it would be very interesting, to buy an Astro Pi board as an individual :-)
Best regards

Davespice
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi there, all the tech specs are now online here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/astro-pi-tech-specs/
Includes links to the data sheets.

KokoMcNeal

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank you very much - exactly what I'm interested in.

Return to “Astro Pi”