OscarPi

Setup problem

Sat May 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi,
I have just received my astro pi. It was working perfectly, but then I ran an update (raspberrypi-bootloader was updated?) and now when I turn it on the LED matrix shows the power on pattern and then nothing else happens. If I run the example programs, I can still get readings from the IMU but the LED matrix stays on the power on screen whatever I do. On a similar post someone replied that they should reinstall raspbian and then run the setup script, but in the booklet that came with my astro pi it says not to reinstall raspbian because there is no way to put the drivers on, and I also cannot find a setup script. What should I do?
Thank you,
Oscar

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: Setup problem

Sat May 16, 2015 1:51 pm

This should fix it:

Code: Select all

wget https://www.raspberrypi.org/files/astro-pi/kinstall.tar.gz
sudo tar -C / -xvpf kinstall.tar.gz
sudo reboot

OscarPi

Sat May 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi, Thanks a lot for your solution. I have already managed to solve it however by running:

Code: Select all

wget -O - http://www.raspberrypi.org/files/astro-pi/astro-pi-install.sh --no-check-certificate | bash
Oscar

Davespice
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sat May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

OscarPi wrote:the booklet that came with my astro pi it says not to reinstall raspbian because there is no way to put the drivers on, and I also cannot find a setup script. What should I do?
Thank you,
Oscar
That was true at the time that booklet was written but is now out of date. You can reinstall it with the command you mentioned. It's also described in this post: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=109515

Return to “Astro Pi”