feverish

Re: Sense HAT availability

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:20 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:
feverish wrote: Previous Raspi-associated projects have managed to keep forum members informed of progress and availability,...
Model B+, Model A+, Pi2B, "official" case... Which of those were given advanced notice of when they'd be made available?
Have I perchance missed your intended meaning? I thought what you listed were designed by and manufactured FOR what became the Raspberry Pi Foundation, whereas I was referring to something totally different - to the large number of Raspi-associated devices that were publicised in advance of general availability as intended for future independent sale by they who intended them to be used WITH a Raspi. The Sense HAT is one such, there are many more.

I hope that helps remove any misunderstanding you may have had?
If discrimination is not challenged then we are effectively in collusion with the perpetrators of such behaviour:-Oxford dictionaries

ryan88

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:45 pm

feverish wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:
feverish wrote: Previous Raspi-associated projects have managed to keep forum members informed of progress and availability,...
Model B+, Model A+, Pi2B, "official" case... Which of those were given advanced notice of when they'd be made available?
Have I perchance missed your intended meaning? I thought what you listed were designed by and manufactured FOR what became the Raspberry Pi Foundation, whereas I was referring to something totally different - to the large number of Raspi-associated devices that were publicised in advance of general availability as intended for future independent sale by they who intended them to be used WITH a Raspi. The Sense HAT is one such, there are many more.

I hope that helps remove any misunderstanding you may have had?
The key point here is that they are independent. That is the way they choose to operate, that does not mean that the Raspberry Pi Foundation is required to operate in a similiar fashion.

jdb
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:47 pm

feverish wrote:This thread's title is Sense HAT availability. It is NOT about the philosophy of failures of vapourware in the USA and elsewhere or personalities.
Quite.

As such, I'm locking the thread until the next update on volume production/availability.
Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

ShiftPlusOne
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:49 pm

The general public can also get involved when the Sense HAT goes on general sale in a few weeks time.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/astro- ... -update-4/

jdb

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Update: Sense HATs are now in volume production.

We should expect them in distribution channels Real Soon Now™.
Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

Return to “Astro Pi”