jhansx

American Pi

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 am

I have been trying for over a year to get interest up for having a US based version of the Astro Pi competition cooperating with NASA and pushing some US STEM students to achieve the AWESOME heights reached by the ESA/RPI collaboration on Astro Pi. The hardware is still floating around up there and it seems to me a waste of an unparalleled opportunity to inspire some of the youth on this side of the pond. The organization (RPI) has expressed interest in backing this if we could get it moving. This is a terrible opportunity to pass on.
I have tried to contact NASA and had no luck. If anyone has any idea who I should talk to in the USA to get this moving, PLEASE contact me. If you were involved with the ESA or are and have a counterpart at NASA, likewise, please hit me up. PM or lets push it here. I also want to try to follow the students that participate to see if their career path accelerates or deflects into the STEM pathway.

BOINGBOING CEO

Re: American Pi

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:38 pm

You have my interest... as a former Space Operator (I flew Milstar Satellites for the USAF), and I am betting your answer to finding others is promoting it on Facebook, and push it at Acadamia Space Programs.

Retired 1C671

"Louie"

Return to “Astro Pi”