bufadad

Using raspberry pi and VPL for prototype?

Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Hello!

I’m trying to make a prototype wristwatch to solve a problem related to kids with disabilities. I’d like to take a first stab at solving the problem myself before I hire a freelancer, etc.

I used to write HTML back in the day but I am ignorant of any modern programming language so I thought maybe a VPL with a raspberry pi such as Node-Red would be good for this. I don’t want to learn a text based programming language just for this one project. I pick up on new things very easily and I’m pretty good about researching problems.

I need the “watch” to pick up on certain environmental input, display very simple visual and auditory feedback, and send and receive all of this data wirelessly with a smartphone app that I also need to program. Will Node-red and a raspberry pi be a good solution for this prototype or should I consider a different VPL and hardware solution?

ankith26

Re: Using raspberry pi and VPL for prototype?

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:26 am

Hello and welcome

I dont know much about VPL but i am sure than none will really help you to get exactly what you want...

I would recommend learning python as it is really powerful, but more importantly beginner friendly and easy to understand.. Plus there are thousands of tutorials,modules and forums out there that will help you..
At the end off all, you will find using python more comfortable than any VPL
My website is at https://pratt.ml
Hope it runs (which it wont)

ankith26

Re: Using raspberry pi and VPL for prototype?

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:31 am

Your project looks very interesting though,
But if you have the resources , it is quite easy..
First of all , to be clear, are you using the pi as a "watch"(if yes then go for a pi zero) or you have a seperate device
My website is at https://pratt.ml
Hope it runs (which it wont)

Return to “Assistive technology and accessibility”