matt4x44

Alarm Clock - We are out of options.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm

I have been on the hunt for an alarm clock for a long time that suits my special needs (developmentally delayed) child, and haven't found anything at all. We are moving him towards independent wakeup and getting ready.

If there is someone that already built one or has the code, that would be amazing!
I am good at soldering, its just code that I nervous about because I have never done it.

Functions would be as follows

Single Alarm Function

Large Green Display 1.5" to 2" in height so my child can see it from 10' away (makes him have to get up to turn it off) plus green is soothing, for him.

Digital AM/FM with Preset Radio Key Buttons (like a car stereo), maybe 4 presets. He likes to listen to local radio on his "time out" period. I've heard him on the country station and the rock station.

Alarm Buzzer Option

Both noises (radio and buzzer) with gradual increasing sound.

Volume

We dont need any other fancy gadgets as we installed a wall timer for the bedroom ceiling light to turn on, but he will cover his face with the sheets, and the gradual aspect of the alarm sound wont scare him. We have ordered and going to try out an auto timer that includes an auto-dimmer (increase/decrease).

It'd be nice if we could change the duration of the gradual increase in sound when the alarm goes off to ease the wakeup process and see what works best for him.

Also a high priority is that it would be nice if we could use a mp3 file for selected music, like nature sounds as an alarm wakeup sound.

Anything that you can think of, any other options out there.

Return to “Assistive technology and accessibility”