shackf16

Trying to develop "smart" glasses for loss of sight in one eye

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Hey guys, not sure where to even start with this but I figure someone here can point me in the right direction. (I have searched for a while and haven't found anything that does what I am looking for.) I recently lost sight in my right eye due to an accident, and am looking to help replace the loss of field of vision with a dumb pair of smart glasses. I am simply looking for a way to position a small wide angle HD camera along the right lens of a pair of glasses, and display the image on a translucent screen in the upper part of my left eye's field of view. Kind of like Google Glass, but on the other eye and without the need for tethering to a smart phone. I'm not looking to record anything, simply "see" what is going on to the right side. My expectation is that there will need to be some smarts somewhere in the mix, and I figured Raspberry Pi might be a good solution. My objective is to not block the field of view for my left eye so a translucent screen is needed, and a wide angle type setup will be best to fill in the gap. Not looking for super high resolution even, just enough to see people walking up on the right side, cars passing on the right, etc. Any ideas???

Return to “Assistive technology and accessibility”