JorgeP

Powerchair Conversion with an RPi-Zero W - Progress....

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Hello all,

I hinted at this a few weeks ago in another users thread and I am making some progress. I'll post here when I get further with the Python Code and get it to exit cleanly. More information can be gathered by viewing the description in the YouTube video description and my other related videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT2uEj1KgVg

Don't know how to get the video to display here...

I need to find some Client/Server python code with some examples of sending data, the server is going to be the Powerchair Base (Raspberry Pi Zero) and the client is going to be an RPi-3B+ with official 7" touchscreen and RPi-Touch case. The main goal of this part of the project is to get the pi's communicating to make this remotely controllable with as little lag as possible.

Alot more detail can be found at the Parallax Forums where I will keep track of most of the project and regularly post updates.

JorgeP

Re: Powerchair Conversion with an RPi-Zero W - Progress....

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 am

I just posted an draft schematic of the general wiring, not all protection circuitry is in place, like the fuses and such. I also purchased a Raspberry Pi 3B to upgrade from the Zero W for more compute power and speed. I will be receiving more parts in the next month or two.

Check out the draft image in my most recent post on the Parallax Forums, along with links to the products I am using https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/ ... nt_1433569

Should I update the title of this thread to read with an RPi-3B instead of an RPi-Zero W?

bensimmo

Re: Powerchair Conversion with an RPi-Zero W - Progress....

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:14 am

Interesting and something for me to have a read off.
ZeroW/Pi3, is not important. Just Pi would do.

Return to “Assistive technology and accessibility”