7hekingofkings

Interface with sainsmart relay

Mon May 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi guys,

I bought a 16 channel Relay Module Smart. As i have read, the relay board can be connect to the Raspberry pi directly.
I using Wiring-pi library to control GPIO Pins. However, when i configure the pins as output, the relay is triggered.
code : > gpio mode 0 out // Relay switched

Is this normal??
When i run these two other commands nothing happens.:

*> gpio write 0 0 // nothing happend

*> gpio write 0 1 // nothing happend

Any advise will be apprecited

klricks

Re: Interface with sainsmart relay

Mon May 29, 2017 8:21 pm

What pin are you connected to? The command gpio write 0 1 is GPIO 17 which physical pin 11. See chart: http://wiringpi.com/pins/
You must have ground connected from relay board to one of the RPi ground pins.
Most relay boards are ACTIVE LOW which means: Low or 0 will turn the relay ON and High or 1 turns the relay OFF.
Go here for my RPi writeup. Basic config, Serial Port add-on etc:
http://blackeagle12.net/Comp/RPi/Rpi.html Click contact icon then world icon --->

7hekingofkings

Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi,

The pins are connected correctly. I am using GPIO 0 which is a physical pin 11 as input signal and physical pin 6 which is 0 V as ground. As using external power supply to supply the board.

However i have tester the same configuration with a led which seem to work fine.

pcmanbob

Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi.

A lot of the sainsmart relay boards are 5v logic and active low, they exhibit the sort of response you are getting because the 3.3v of the Pi is not high enough to drive the relay off.

you may need a transistor circuit to interface the pi to the relay board one for each relay of course.
Please only ask questions in the forum I will not answer questions sent to me directly via PM
Remember we want information.......................no information no help

Return to “B+ addons”